Is it only 12 days?
By chance yesterday, I found a package of 50 disposable gloves tucked away in one of my bins under the kitchen sink. A dollar store purchase from a year or two ago, maybe longer. It was like finding buried gold! I'll be using them when I go grocery shopping or to the drugstore, as I don't like to touch anything with my bare hands. I'll wash them when I get home, to reuse them as much as I can. I wish I could find masks; that's the real treasure these days.
It's getting harder to be motivated to get dressed and make myself presentable. Yesterday I actually wore sweatpants out for my walk, hair a mess...and didn't care. And yes, I already know that no one else notices or cares, but typically I care, at least enough to dress in slacks and a sweater. In another week or two I'll be sitting at my dining table and typing away in my pyjamas. (I've been getting dressed as I would for work, am this morning as well. No jeans except for Fridays, and the sweatpants only after 4 PM.)
I was very productive on Friday with an early start on spring cleaning in the living area. A little less productive with paid work, as I'm currently waiting for departments to send me what I need. I'm available for work, does that count? :-D
One of the "pros" to this is the walks I'm able to take. The cardinal pic is from the latter part of last week, on a morning walk before clocking in, so to speak. The snapshot isn't sharp, as I was at full zoom on the little camera and of course he was at the very top of the tree. He was singing his heart out, and I was just happy to get any snapshots at all. (I posted a different pic to Instagram last week, so most of you will have seen Mr. Cardinal already.)
Soon I'll be seeing daffodils and tulips and I can't wait. I anticipate taking snapshots of every flower in the entire area before this over and we return to "normal." Ha.
My "assistant" (Derry) has now become blasé about my being home, and has rediscovered the cat tree in the living room. He spends most of the day there now, ignoring me except for food and cuddles. And play time with the laser light, of course. Wait. That's like every day with a cat, isn't it? Being ignored except when they want something.
Speaking of cats, I dreamed of Annie last night! She was in the basement, sleeping in Nicki's spot (thick blankets piled up on top of a Rubbermaid container), and when she saw me she got all silly and started rolling around on the blankets, no doubt revelling that she had first dibs on Nick's spot.The dream made me smile, no sadness or tears there. Since she and Nicki hated each other, I can well imagine her glee at commandeering Nicki's cosy napping place.
What is it with all my dreams of cats lately? That's very unlike me!
Anyway, that's all I've got. Even if I wanted to flout the lock-down directives and go somewhere I couldn't easily do it, as our transit has cut back on service so much and also now is limiting the number of people who can board at one time. Even Via Rail has cut back service in the Montreal-Toronto corridor to one train in each direction per day. We'll all just have to hunker and down and do our part to keep ourselves--and those around us--safe.
Stay well, everyone, and take good care of yourself and each other.
Peace.
Comments
Our stay at home order has been in effect only six or seven days here, although lots of folks were observing it well before that, what with all the closures. And even though I don't normally go out a lot, it sure feels like a lot longer. Stay safe.
Now, to the unavoidable - we've lost count of the days - two weeks? Three? Yesterday evening, the government announced further restrictions. We hope, at least, that our Pesach (Passover) order from the supermarket will arrive safely - and in time. We have a delivery slot next Monday. At least the pet store is still delivering. Food and litter should arrive today.
Stay safe. Be well.
It's very different, though, to be "forced" into confinement versus choosing to stay home.
As for re-stocking supplies, I just placed a HUGE Walmart order via Instacart this morning. They're so busy the first available delivery date is Friday. Not a problem, as I'm not out of anything--but I'm glad I'm being proactive in the shopping!
Yes, being available counts! I'm sure there are days when you were in the office that you were waiting for others to give you the info you needed - no difference except you can relax in your sweats or pj's! I agree - the cat's lives haven't changed much except they get to demand attention more frequently.
Take care and stay well!
Take good care of yourself and the fur babies.
You, too, take care and stay well.
Yes, it sure is weird how the days and weeks pass and let's pray the plural will not be for months...!
So far we've not been bored at all. Always so much to do, laundry, playing with the kitties that celebrated their 13th birthday yesterday, at least the 4 siblings as one of them got killed by a car. https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2013/06/rip-sacha-girl.html
Made us yesterday a salad in which I used the stir-fried lobster tail nuggets from Costco and all 6 kitties got one too. Oh, they partied on the 4-siblings birthday - happy fir babies!
Loved your dream about Annie, they all have such different characters and did touch us in a different way.
Sending you hugs and be well!
Mariette
I always try to make myself look presentable when I go out; my trouble is that I have so little to work with…
The picture of the cardinal is beautiful; such a brilliant colour. Is he a sign of spring? You seem to be having other signs, too. We’re seeing nothing here. The temperature is ice one day, then it drops the next; no leaves, no greenery, no flowers. It’s that blasted corona virus, I’m sure.