Is this still April?
This showed up in my Pinterest feed a few days ago:
Yeah, that's how it feels to me!
Slightly blurry pic of one the little woodpeckers I've been hearing on my early morning walks.
The tulips and forsythia are starting to bloom.
The resident tree-rat who likes to hang out on our fence.
Derry after a "hard" day's work.
A few more pics of Derry enjoying the spring sunshine on a warmer day. (Our windchill is minus 10C this morning. Yikes!)
Finally, I love this image, below. It, too, showed up in my Pinterest feed. :-D
Haha! I wonder if that's how Derry feels.
Anyway, stay safe and be well, everyone. Hang in, we'll get through this! ♥
Peace.
Yeah, that's how it feels to me!
Given the horrific events in Nova Scotia over the weekend, though, working from home and self-isolating is nothing. I lived in Halifax for 16 years before moving here, and like everyone else in the country, am stunned; this is incomprehensible. "Nova Scotia Strong" is trending now, and I snagged this graphic, variations of which are being widely used:
My thoughts and prayers to all, because words fail me. I know of two "gofundme" events right now, to help victims' families, and there probably are more: https://ca.gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-kristen-beaton and https://ca.gofundme.com/f/nova-scotia-family-of-3-tradegy.
But I don't want to dwell on the sorrow here, I'm just going to post some recent snapshots taken on walks around the neighbourhood and down to the swamp. Most of these I've already posted on Instagram, so many of you will have seen them already.
Sunrise down by the swamp last week. It's in the middle of a construction zone, not as peaceful during work hours as it appears. It's quiet and serene early in the morning, though!
Slightly blurry pic of one the little woodpeckers I've been hearing on my early morning walks.
The tulips and forsythia are starting to bloom.
The resident tree-rat who likes to hang out on our fence.
Derry after a "hard" day's work.
A few more pics of Derry enjoying the spring sunshine on a warmer day. (Our windchill is minus 10C this morning. Yikes!)
Finally, I love this image, below. It, too, showed up in my Pinterest feed. :-D
Haha! I wonder if that's how Derry feels.
Anyway, stay safe and be well, everyone. Hang in, we'll get through this! ♥
Peace.




Comments
Indeed, what a tragedy Nova Scotia...
LOVE your nature photos and of cause those of Derry!
Sending you hugs and yes, may better times soon be upon us all.
May God bless those families involved in so much grief...
Mariette
Love all of the photos even if I'm seeing them twice. The flowers are so beautiful and I love your boy Derry!
I hope you are managing .
Sounds too cold there still. We are in the last month if our autumn, and although we have rain and wind it is still 15deg C here tonight.
Julie
2020, it's not so good to my mom too. Not just me who is sick my dad as well. So she has to look after both of us. I'm so sorry to get back to you a bit late. Mom had been back and forwards to hospital. I hope you & your family are doing well. Take care
Thanks so much to prayers and purrs for me
Lots of love
xox
Puddy Boy