Happy February 1st!

I think I'm supposed to say, at the beginning of every month, "Rabbit, rabbit" for good luck. I'd never heard of this, but it's something a blogger I follow has mentioned before ("Older but better...?")
 
I love this pic of Derry, below, from last Friday. He was bird-watching (juncos in the tree behind the fence), and turned his head to look at me. 

 
That afghan still is in progress, but I tend to leave it out for him now, making sure I tuck the needles into the ball of wool and the ball down behind one of the accent pillows on the couch, so he can't get at any of it. He's a good boy, though, he doesn't bother with my knitting.

There's nothing further on the roof. It's been bitterly cold the past several days (windchills down around minus 26C/minus 15F), so nothing further can be done at this time. Once the weather has warmed up I'll get in touch with the property manager again and find out the timeline for doing whatever it is they're going to do along the exposed western edge.
 
So both Derry and I hunkered down inside this weekend, though I had to brave the cold for the usual Saturday morning pharmacy and grocery store errands. My brief outing for the week! I actually spoke with humans face-to-face -- well, mask-to-mask and socially distanced, of course. I've been alone so much now through this winter, really only getting out once a week (we're still under lockdown/stay-at-home orders) that every time I go out into public I wonder if I'll be able to interact with humans in a reasonably "normal" fashion. (I'm actually not joking.)



 
Anyway, Sunday morning I decided that now was the time to move my own bed out of what was the master bedroom and switch bedrooms permanently. You can see in the second pic, above, that Derry came in to help for a bit, then wisely beat a hasty retreat to the living room.

Also wisely, I took two Tylenol before I started (and one during, as it took me a few hours to get everything set to rights in both rooms). Moving the bed frames, particularly the guest bed frame which is just a platform, no headboard, was simple. Moving the mattresses was another matter, and was the hardest part of the endeavour.


Of course the master bed, even though it's only a double, dominates the tiny room, but all I do there is sleep, so it really doesn't matter. The room doesn't have a closet, so the now-guest room is also my "dressing room."  :-)

I have a small floral canvas on the way from Wayfair, and when it comes I'll move all the canvases around, but I admit to liking my floral, girly space. Flowers make me feel happy, even when they're just on the wall. 🌷

I'm actually not as sore as I anticipated I be, after the exertions, though my back definitely is stiff. I felt rather empowered for having done it all by myself, truth be told!


After that wildly exciting weekend, it's back to work today. As you can see, above, the boss is being a hard taskmaster!
 
I hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy (mentally and physically) and staying safe, being smart through this crazy time.
 
Take care and peace to all.

Comments

Rian said…
Hi Kim! Glad you said Rabbit! Rabbit! Can't hurt to try for a little good luck... silly or not.

And you mentioned something that I too think about... "I wonder if I'll be able to interact with humans in a reasonably "normal" fashion. (I'm actually not joking" )" I understand this only too well.

And that is a great pic of Derry on the afghan! He is such a handsome fellow.
Derry, you look fabulous and quite pleased with all that moving work!
Dearest Kim,
Wow, Derry seems to enjoy his bird watching but he did let you down big time with moving the bed... Oh how cunning they are!
Yes, love such canvas wall flowers and they do brighten a room.
You really ought to be super proud of yourself for having tackled all this by yourself–girl power!!!
Hope your roof saga will soon end and in a pleasant way.
Just got back from a walk with a friend and her big dogs in 6 C weather, not bad.
Hugs,
Mariette
Such lovely photos Derry looks great
The J-Cats said…
By the strangest coincidence, We are now experiencing a similar problem. The recent heavy rains caused a wet patch in the ceiling of the study. One of the neighbours went up onto the roof and found cracks in the low wall surrounding the roof which is the only place, according to him, where water could penetrate. He has promised, when lockdown restrictions are eased, to go and buy sealing material and fix it himself.
Congrats on doing all that bed moving yourself - though We are sure Derry was a most efficient snoopervisor. How sweet he looks with those wistful eyes!
Katie Isabella said…
Oh Derry...you and Katie would be the most excellent of caretakers here and at your mom's home too. And both of you are show stoppingly gorgeous! So...there is nothing but good to be had with you two.
Maebeme said…
You can think of your guest room/dressing room as your walk in closet! I'm impressed as I don't think I could manage to move my bed on my own. Scratch that, I know I couldn't. I had to get my son to help me this summer when I was painting in the bedroom. The flowers are very pretty!

Derry is a smart cat, stay out of the way when things get busy. :) Take care, stay well!
Zoolatry said…
If I didn't talk aloud to June, I think I would actually start to lose my voice with all this "alone" time and lack of interaction ... a strange way to live.
Derry seems to become more handsome with time. Hugs my friend.
Timmy Tomcat said…
Derry looks so relaxed and we are glad you are set up in your new room. Hope things all work out
meowmeowmans said…
So industrious! I'm glad the moving of your furniture (especially the mattresses!) went smoothly. How nice of Derry to snoopervise for a bit. :)

Speaking of Derry, I love that photo of him mid junco-watching!

Stay warm (minus 26 celsius???)!
John Bellen said…
Mattresses are terrible for moving. Well done on getting it finished by yourself. Didn't mattresses used to come with cloth handles sewn onto them? Do they still? They at least provided grips, which is the worst thing about moving them. In any case, your new room looks snug and ready for cold nights.

It was like spring here yesterday; even most of today was pretty good. Then, just this evening, the temperature dropped to -7. I won't feel like going to work tomorrow! (As if that's different from any other day...)
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Mattresses are bad but so are dining room tables! I replaced a lovely rug (8x10) I had purchased last year with my refund from Overstock that was under my DR table and moved it into the old DR room which I now use as my sitting room -- boy this is long -- the rug which I do truly love has bumps which no matter what I do and I've tried a lot of the tricks to get the wrinkles out still has me working on it, anyway I so understand how you feel about moving big chunky items. I ended up moving the table (and chairs) plus all the stuff I had in my sitting room. But it did feel good to replace the rug under the DR table with a new one that lies flat! Thank you WallyWorld!
dood !!!! total lee awesum foto oh ewe buddy ...and make sure ewe get PAID for soooper vizin de moove oh said peace oh merchandize.... itz plane ta see ewe waz judgin de distance frum wall
two bed.. sew mom could moove it frum point A two point B... with propurr dimensional direction ;) ♥♥