So far so good!

I have my fingers crossed and am knocking on wood, but so far, the roof has held up to three days of very heavy rain. Yay! (Now I hope I haven't jinxed it.) We have another heavy rainfall expected for tomorrow (Wednesday the 31st), so we'll see how things go. Alas, we have 5 - 10 cm of SNOW in the forecast for Thursday, and that's not an April Fools joke. It won't last more than a couple of days, of course, but even so....Well, such is spring in most of Canada. Plus 16C one day, snow the next.
 
I spied the snowdrops and crocuses a week ago, on a lunchtime walk around the block. Happy dance! Flowers always make my soul sing.  :-)


 
This morning I heard my favourite birdsong, that of a white-throated sparrow. He's the first one I've heard this spring. The very first memory I have of that birdsong was when I was about 5 or 6 years old and staying at someone's house in Gaspé. I think I had chicken pox at the time, or maybe it was German measles. I don't know where Mom and Dad were, perhaps Mom was in Montreal, as I think her father passed away around that time. Anyway, I can remember lying in one of the bedrooms and listening to that lovely bird call, and it's been my favourite ever since.
 
Derry, of course, always is a favourite of mine.  ♥
Lunapic art effect applied, below.

As there's really nothing of note, I'll simply wish everyone who celebrates a very happy, joyful, COVID-safe Easter. Take care and stay well.
 
Derry in the sunshine, a short time ago.
One of the Lunapic art effects applied.
 

Peace.

Comments

meowmeowmans said…
Well, that certainly does sound promising about your roof, Kim. We don't want to jinx it, either, so we will just hold our collective breath and keep thinking good thoughts for you. :)

The snowdrops and crocus are out here, too. This morning, we also saw some daffodils, and even a magnolia tree that is starting to bud. Hooray for spring.

Love the photos of Derry. That Lunapic effect is really cool, too.

Happy Easter!
Katie Isabella said…
Man, have HOPES that THIS time is the charm!!!!
Derry, you scrumptious smoochable mancat! I wish I had you in my arms for a second!
Love the flowers...some of my favorites.
Dearest Kim,
LOVE your reminiscing story about when you were about five and hearing that white-throated sparrow sing. That has been embedded into your memory forever and will remain special; the sweetness of carrying fond memories with us to the grave!
Your Derry boy is so adorable and I guess he knows he can wrap you around his paw...!
Sweet photos and those Galanthus blooming is precious, miss ours but the voles devoured all the bulbs, as gourmet food. Not going to replace them; too expensive for 'feeding' that way.
Happy your roof has held up so far; wow - what a milestone.
We will have 1°C at night for Thursday and Friday! Another chilly period and hopefully it will be the final one. We both biked yesterday, me sleeveless but double layered for the top part and shorts. Also walked with friend and her dogs, so lovely in the sunshine!
Today was rainy and oh so dark and dreary looking till late afternoon when the sun said hello.
Our kitties have mostly lounged inside, on their birthday; at least the four siblings. Speckie the youngest sister by adoption just enjoyed the special treat at noon time. They know what is 'special'.
Woke up around 3:00 AM due to feeling chilly as yesterday we changed our thick cotton flannel duvet cover for a cotton one... Added one of the kitty blankets on top and that worked fine.
We all behave like kitties; curling up in a warm and soft spot!
Big hugs and hope you have a nice Easter weekend with some more blossoms and bird singing. Our ruby throated hummingbirds are back now for a week and appreciate the feeders we hung for them (3).
Mariette
We sure hope all stays good with the roof too but yikes on the snow. We're in our annual Spring severe storm season and it's always a worry. We love those Derry photos and the art is terrific!
The Whiskeratti said…
Derrry does look very comfy. I hope the roof holds!
John Bellen said…
Birdsong and spring flowers, definitely good signs. (Though I chuckled at Derry's photograph; it made him look like nothing enthused him at that moment except more sleep...)
Maebeme said…
I just saw there is another post, but I haven't read it yet. Glad to hear the roof is holding up!
Love the photos of Derry, he's such a handsome cat. I want to reach out and pet him.
The photos of the spring flowers are beautiful...we're still weeks away from seeing them here.
Take care, stay well.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Oh my if it's not one thing it's another. Sorry to hear about the siding. I know you are really perplexed at all of this! Derry looks so adorable and the spfx are great!
Timmy Tomcat said…
Well that roof being watertight is a blessing. We love seeing Derry and the flowers! Derry more!
catladymac said…
Purrayers that your roof is finally fixed ! And purrs to handsome Derry !