The outward expression of inner life under lockdown?

  

I'm joking. In actuality, it's an experiment to see if the geraniums I wintered in the garage will come back with some sunshine, water and plant food. My mom's would, she had the knack--and the green thumb. I highly doubt mine will!

Happily, even though we're now under a four-week stay-at-home order, garden centres will be open this spring, and I imagine they'll be getting set up soon. Every year I say I'm not buying any annuals and every year I do, and I don't imagine 2021 will be any different. So even if these poor stalks truly are dead, I'll have something pretty out front on the front steps in a few weeks. 🌷
 
The pics below are all from May 2014, with Derry in the foreground in the first two, Nicki in the back. The third pic is of Nicki enjoying sunning himself and the last snapshot is of Derry. 💖



 
 
Take care and enjoy whatever greenery is available to you. :-)

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
It's very green here right now, but we have a lot of warmth and sunshine.
Hopefully they will make a comeback appearance! Love seeing the sunny boys pics.
Paws crossed for your plants :)
Thjings are starting to green up here and mum picked me some blades of grass!
Thet were SO tasty!!!!!!
Purrs, Julie
John Bellen said…
I'm terrible at plants. I love them, but others better keep them alive. Thank goodness I'm better with cats!
Dearest Kim,
We all need fresh new living and blooming plants to show us the cycle of life.
So happy that we managed to visit a beautiful garden yesterday, even with my severe back arthritis pain. The reason that I could not sleep right now....
Hoping that the Turmeric capsule will give some relief due to the fact of not being to take any drugs nor over the counter meds in regard to my CKD.
Love seeing Nicki lapping up his sunshine together with Derry.
Hugs,
Mariette
Maebeme said…
I've never tried over-wintering any of my plants, so I'll be watching with interest to see if you're successful with your experiment. My mom was like yours, she had the green thumb for sure!

I'm looking forward to getting my hands in the dirt, not yet though as we're getting snow again this upcoming week. :( Not much and it won't last but it's still annoying.

Take care, stay well!
Rian said…
We have cut down several areas that didn't withstand the Arctic air we had this winter. But the grass is a beautiful spring green now and the pear trees and red buds are blooming... so yes, spring is here. The outside feral cats are enjoying the sun... and every time we have a sun spot in the house I think of how our inside cats used to find them and lay there. (Sometimes I would lay with them). You and Derry enjoy your spring!
Timmy Tomcat said…
They will be up soon and looking good
meowmeowmans said…
Geraniums are really resilient. We are crossing our fingers and paws that yours will come back!

We love your photos of Nicki and Derry enjoying that greenery in the backyard. Spring is such a special time, and we hope that despite your lockdown, you get lots of greenery and sunshine to enjoy. Hugs!
The Whiskeratti said…
Is that a tongue blep I see???
Katie Isabella said…
OH the green is all over here where I am now- and the leaves are budding on all of the trees. I hope your geraniums come through. I am curious to know if they do.
SuziQCat said…
Auntie loves to garden, which is good because I am not a fan :) Our yard is getting greener day by day...and the temps are warming up. I know Derry will be happy when he can get back out in the yard again!