Dearest Kim, Hah, something to actually LAUGH at! Here at home it is nothing to laugh at... Did slice (Pieter did on our Krups) 3 heavy red cabbage that I purchased Tuesday in Atlanta at Whole Foods Market. LOVE red cabbage, so up came the biggest pans for boiling it with some vinegar, coconut palm sugar (lowest glycemic index), ground clove and ground bay leaves. Then draining the water with added spices etc. off for finally freezing those portions. WOW, the piping below the two round kitchen sinks must have 'retired' at once. A nice red/purple flood came out of the cabinets beneath the sinks. Pieter got everything out and mopped it up with paper towels as I did not want to dye any cloth... Haha, that purple forever reminding you of this disaster. Not yet fixed as I started cleaning up, it again leaked down. Argh what a Fun Friday. So whenever we eat that red cabbage, there will be memories!!! Happy weekend and hugs, Mariette
Comments
Hah, something to actually LAUGH at!
Here at home it is nothing to laugh at...
Did slice (Pieter did on our Krups) 3 heavy red cabbage that I purchased Tuesday in Atlanta at Whole Foods Market. LOVE red cabbage, so up came the biggest pans for boiling it with some vinegar, coconut palm sugar (lowest glycemic index), ground clove and ground bay leaves. Then draining the water with added spices etc. off for finally freezing those portions.
WOW, the piping below the two round kitchen sinks must have 'retired' at once. A nice red/purple flood came out of the cabinets beneath the sinks. Pieter got everything out and mopped it up with paper towels as I did not want to dye any cloth... Haha, that purple forever reminding you of this disaster. Not yet fixed as I started cleaning up, it again leaked down. Argh what a Fun Friday.
So whenever we eat that red cabbage, there will be memories!!!
Happy weekend and hugs,
Mariette
I sometimes watch Nestflix ;)
Purrs, Julie
I'm not sure I'd be able to eat it after all that. Lol.
I wish you an uneventful weekend!