Thankful Thursday with Derry

I am thankful beyond any words for this sweetheart. He'll be 15 in June and I know our time together is growing shorter, but I feel so very blessed to have had him in my life for over 14 years. ♥



Comments

Derry is a sweetie indeed :)
He looks so happy living with you .
Purrs, Julie
He is such a handsome boy. I am glad I found this blog a while ago because I missed seeing him on your old blog. Love the second photo with the tongue showing between his teeth.
I don't think we ever get enough human years to spend with our pets. You're such an unequal amount of time. I spent 20 years with Seney continue this later it's still not enough time with her. I'm so glad you've enjoyed all these years with Derry because I really believe a cat brings us unequalled love.
Dearest Kim,
Yes, one realizes almost painfully well that their days/weeks/months and years (?) are numbered. Our siblings will turn 15 on March 30 and it scares one, to think about it.
They are very loyal and sweet companions and at times can be quite a comedian too!
Enjoy your sweet Derry bear; a fluffy bundle of joy.
Hugs,
Mariette
Rian said…
I'm so glad you've had Derry for all those years. You may have many more... some cats live to 20 plus. We had one live to 23. And I try to remember here as well in other areas the saying, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - memories of all the good times that you experienced.
You are such a sweetie guy Derry and we hope you have cuddle time for many years to come. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!
dood !!! theez fotoz iz awesum !!! we iz thanx ful ta bee friendz with ewe N mom K....heerz two 15 mor yeerz timez 984 ♥♥♥
The Island Cats said…
I love that pic of him sleeping!
Maebeme said…
Such a handsome boy! He looks like quite the cuddler. Was he always this way? Saku has really become a snuggle bug in the last few years. Sometimes too much but I'll tolerate it - he'll be 14 in March.
Derry is such a cute heart ♥
My Winston will turn 17 this year.
Cuddles and more cuddles.
Katie Isabella said…
I LOVE Derry's precious little self. Always have. And you capture the sweetest pictures of him. He sure loves his mommy, that's easy to see. And of course, he is loved right back just as much. He and Katie are the same age. Maybe Derry is half a year older. Don't know how to get by without my Katie.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Derry reminds me so much of Mr Jinx. I hope you and he have many more years to come, but I do understand your feelings, very much I understand.
I adore Derry and you know it!! He is healthy (knock on wood), I had my Angel Bobo til he was 18, Derry isn't going anywhere! (((hugs)))
catladymac said…
Purrs and purrayers for continued good life for you and Derry.
John Bellen said…
You are both lucky. What a great match you are together. (And that second photo...)
meowmeowmans said…
We, too, are thankful for Derry. And for you, too, Kim! We are glad you have each other. Love to you both!