Number two is a picture of my steps in the dark trying to get from the bed room to the kitchen for breakfast for the cat! Hard to see a dark grey cat in the dark, you gotta go by feel. Party lines, yep, I remember the very few times I was allowed to use the phone being told by the neighbor ladies to get off the line. Boy, did I ever hang up fast or else they'd call my mom and tell stories on me. Lynn and Precious
Great funnies, particularly the first one. I remember party lines too. I was probably 7 or 8 when my friends mother got one. We would quietly pick up the phone and listen in until our giggles gave us away.
I remember phones with party lines and long cords also; one phone in the house; in the kitchen, and I swear you could take the receiver down to the end of the street; not that you'd get reception but the cord was that long !! :)
Comments
Party lines, yep, I remember the very few times I was allowed to use the phone being told by the neighbor ladies to get off the line. Boy, did I ever hang up fast or else they'd call my mom and tell stories on me. Lynn and Precious
I remember phones with party lines and long cords also; one phone in the house; in the kitchen,
and I swear you could take the receiver down to the end of the street; not that you'd get reception but the cord was that long !! :)
Love the footsteps and it is SO true, we go all out of our way for our kitties' needs!
Hugs,
Mariette