Wordy Wednesday: Going, Going, Gone!

Four months later (on Monday May 2):






I'm glad it's done, as the half-destroyed tree was was a danger, IMO, but what a sad "view" now. A far cry from "Escape to the Country."

Comments

It is always sad to see a tree have to come down, but that one did look unsafe.
That poor tree really didn't even look like a tree anymore it was so tall skinny and scraggly. With all the high winds that can happen it's a wonder it hadn't already crashed down. Boy you're getting a lot of cleanup done around your place. New appliances oh, the bathroom was done last year, the bad trees are going. Wow things must be looking different. So glad for you. Lynn and Precious
Kea said…
I'm still waiting for my bathroom reno, Lynn. He's "running behind." LOL. I knew what it would be like when I signed him to do it, but I also know that when it's done, it will be done properly. (Uh, well, at least I hope so!)

Last year I replaced the shower fixtures because of a leak behind the wall, but it's the same old gross tub and cracked old tub surround. :-P
Kea said…
Agreed, though I miss the privacy. I'm debating whether to get a double curtain rod and hang sheers plus panels. I think I'll just live with it for a bit and see how I adjust. I prefer to be out of view of the neighbours, but that's not life in our fish bowl. :-D
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I've had more than 30 trees removed since 2017. My husband was a tree lover, not that I'm not, but I recognize that to protect your structure sometimes you have to take down some trees that are simply too close to your house. Nearly all the trees I've had removed have had damage. I have also had the trees that remain all cut back and dead limbs and vines removed. It makes such a difference. It's been a 5 year project as I just couldn't do it all at once. Now they will all be so much easier to maintain.
it's always a sad day; at least to me, when a tree comes down, either by mom nature
or by human hand ~~~~living in the concrete jungle, I totally get the want for privacy
I have one tree that does it's best but he's going on 20 and not as healthy as he once
was ♥♥
Dearest Kim,
Any tree can be lovely when healthy and strong, otherwise they become a danger to buildings and humans.
Oh, on Sunday when I left home for singing in the choir, I saw that they finally were cutting down some 8 bare (!) pine trees that stood for months like totem poles.
Now they're down and it looks better and feels better, they were right on the intersection where we turn left. Never did trust those totems... Haha.
And it looked so ugly...
We're still waiting on the tree cutters for taking down some smaller ones near and over the fence that Pieter cannot handle alone. They have ropes and equipment, we don't have any of that.
Quit pulling weeds as I had excruciating mid back pain. But since yesterday afternoon the pain left me. Poor Pieter sprayed with something in the spots that I still needed to do, he did not want to see me suffer again. Not using Roundup though but a safer weedkiller. Safer for humans that is; not for weeds! 😜
Hugs,
Mariette
Kea said…
I, too, love trees, but like you, recognize that they need to be taken care of, even removed if posing a danger to structures.

I often pass a house in the area with a beautiful lot, many trees, most VERY close to the house. Even me, who always was a tree-hugger, would have some of them removed. I marvel that none has ever crashed through their roof yet.
Kea said…
We'd had one summer of severe drought several years ago, and the poor tree was never the same since. Everyone else's trees seem to be faring well, but this never was a good spot to plant one anyway.
Kea said…
Yes, the dead trees look ugly, though they're no doubt great as insect houses!

Heavens, take care, Mariette! I'm finding how easy it is to strain a body part, now that I'm mature of age. LOL.
Kim, that is a lovely way of putting it; being 'mature' of age...🤗
Yep, looks like that one had to go. We used to look out at woods and cows but now the city has found us and we have office buildings and traffic views.
meowmeowmans said…
We're always sad when trees have to be cut down, but we are glad you and Derry are safer now!
SuziQCat said…
Do you think the neighborhood would plant another tree in the area? At least the backyard is very private with the nice fence you have for Derry.
Nothing lives forever, not even trees
Saku said…
Definitely a shame to lose a tree but even they have send of life. You won't have to worry about it taking out your fence.
John Bellen said…
I hate to see any tree cut down; they take so long to grow and they make towns and cities attractive.
Katie Isabella said…
I had to have 4 of my talest and most beautiful cut. We have tornadoes here and I just couldn;t take the fear any more after seeing the house across the street cut in two literally, by another 90 footer.