Happy 15th Birthday, Derry!

June 24 (2007) is the date the shelter had for Derry's birthday, though he and his siblings were found when they were between four and five weeks old, so of course that's an estimate.


After last year's health issues, and eight vet visits (including two emerg vet visits) in eleven months, I wasn't convinced Derry would make it to 15, but happily and thankfully he has.

Since none of us is guaranteed another day, we're going to enjoy ourselves and celebrate with lots of treats, brushies and cuddles. (Okay, Derry gets that every day, but still...LOL.)

Happy birthday, my sweet Derry-Bear. I couldn't have asked for a better cat companion...even if your early morning yeowling (to "entice" me out of bed) does drive me crazy. 


Smooches! ♥

Comments

Happiest 15th birthday dear Derry. You make your biped very happy. And that's the way it should be with a kitty, we are so glad to see you today and you look wonderful in both pictures. Hope that's a tuna or a salmon cake that you're going to get to eat later. But your mom can have the icing roses. Lynn and Precious XX
Happy birthday Derry! You are looking great.
Happy 15th Birthday Derry!
You look fabulous!!!!
I wish you lots of fun times with your mum and good health too :)
Purrs, Julie
Rian said…
Happy 15th Birthday Derry! Wishing you a few more healthy happy years...
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
A very happy birthday sweet Derry! We wish you many more healthy happy ones to come too!!!
Maebeme said…
Happy Birthday Derry! Wishing you many more years of love and cuddles with your mom.
Dearest Kim,
Congratulations with your sweet Derry!
You hit the jackpot with his adoption; what a precious boy he's turned into and he sure is lucky for having found his human Mom!
We got four that turned 15 on March 30 and that was accurate as I witnessed their birth... very touching and special.
It sure indicates they are now senior kitties and we treasure each day.
They make such wonderful companions and are oh so loyal.
I'm typing this (in–between working on my post for tonight...) with Dido on my lap, hanging limp on my left arm. They're love—magnets! Missed my babies... and my Pieter of course 😉
Hugs,
Mariette
Mariette
John Bellen said…
The best of birthdays, Derry. Your mum is as loving and conscientious as they come where you're concerned, so I think you'll be with her for many more years.
Happy Birthday from all of us sweet, sweet Derry!!!
catladymac said…
Happy Purrthday Derry ! Have a wonderful day !
Fur Everywhere said…
Happy Birthday, Derry! We hope you have many more wonderful and happy years!
Happy 15th Birthday, Derry! Sounds like you have a purrfect day planned!
The J-Cats said…
Happy birthday, Derry, you handsome mancat you.
Katie Isabella said…
Happy Birthday you darling. Mom has been in love with you forever and a day...since she first met you and Nicki. You live the loving wonderful life as most of us here in the CB do. Many more birthdays darling boy.
Awwww....Happy Birthday, Derry! It sounds like you are spoiled everyday but maybe extra spoilings today! ♥
Emily and Willow send you happy b-day wishes as well :)
meowmeowmans said…
Happy birthday, Derry! We love you lots, pal, and love that you have such a special and loving foreer home with your mom. Hugs to you both!
Poppy Q said…
Happy 15th Birthday Mr Derry. Enjoy all of your treats young man. Julie and poppyq xxxx
Zoolatry said…
Oh, Derry ~ how could we be so late, for such an important date! Apawlogies sweet boy (and to your sweet Mom) ... from both of us ... to one of our favoritest and much loved special mancats ever. We've known you long and loved you furever and so send our super-happy birthday wishes, from the heart ... Ann and June
cranberreez dood…how did we mizz thiz post. happee bee lated 15 two ewe N
heerz two de next 20. hope yur day total lee rocked N ya had sum ham M cake ❤️
happee and healtheez in de yeer a head for ewe buddy ❤️❤️
SuziQCat said…
Happy Belated Birthday Derry! I hope you had a great day with time outside, snuggles and treats!
OMG OMG OMG!! I am glad I held on to my BlogLovin' emails!! I cannot believe I missed Derry's 15th birthday! I am so sorry and pray you will forgive me! (I believe that was the day I had my lithotripsy!!) Happy Happy Belated birthday handsome Derry!!!! You know I am crazy about you!! And......I LOVE that last photo! You should frame that. Please give Derry tons of kisses from me!! xoxo