And it continues...

How things were left yesterday:

The tub drain had to be moved today, because the old one didn't line up with the new tub. (Of course not, that would be too easy.)

One of the guys did tell me yesterday that the plumber might have to cut through the bedroom side to gain access, so with that in mind I emptied the built-in bookcase early this morning. (This is the room I now sleep in, so I had a lot of stuff on it.)

What a mess now in the spare room! Everything from the hall, bathroom and my bedroom is crammed in there now.

It's a good thing I was proactive, because I popped out to make a Starbucks run and came home to this:

Three shelves removed, and looking toward the new tub and surround.

The guys also had to remove the door frame and extra drywall because the new tub was too wide to (a) get in the doorway and (b) maneuver into place.

However, it's in:

I didn't want glass doors, too hard to keep clean, and I don't think there's a shower rod yet. Maybe I have to get that myself, I'll have to check. Regardless, I will be able to have a bath tonight, which is better than standing in a dishpan in front a plastic laundry tub in the basement and trying to sponge-bathe.  :-D

However, I will NOT have a toilet upstairs tonight, possibly not till next week. They can't install it until the flooring is laid, and the flooring is in transit.

As for the vanity, that has not yet been ordered due to a mix-up on the part of the contractor. I can live without the vanity for a bit, but it would be nice not to trek to the half-bathroom (i.e. just a toilet and sink) in the basement four times in the middle of the night!

Pic of Derry from Sunday July 3

Derry, btw, survived the demo day, spent most of it suffocating under the covers of my guest bed. Today he's out in the enclosed garden, presumably hiding under one of the hostas. I'd rather he were outside, it's further from the noise and chaos and at least I know he won't accidentally smother himself.

So that's where we are now. I've had the flooring and trim in the house replaced a couple of times, had the windows and patio door replaced (by the property management company on behalf of the condo corporation), and had new carpet installed in the front bedroom, but this is my first full-on reno. Presumably the first, last and only bathroom reno I ever will experience.

And that's a good thing.  :-P

Comments are off, I just thought I'd post how things are going. I'm looking forward to the "end product," as it were!

Take care!