Happiness on Friday...

 ...means a newly installed toilet in the bathroom! No more multiple nighttime trips down to the unfinished basement, flashlight in hand.  :-)


The vanity is on order, with an expected delivery between July 16 and 29, so it could be a couple of weeks yet before everything is done. However, that's the only piece I'm waiting for, everything else is here and ready to go in after the vanity. I finally can see some light at the end of the reno tunnel!


I have one very frightened cat who alternately hides under the covers on the guest bed or under the plants in the garden. He'll be VERY happy to have everything done! (He was trembling uncontrollably when I snapped this pic, I could see the leaves around him shaking. Poor love.)

Take care, all!

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Awww Derry it is almost all over, and boy are you going to love having a brand spanking new bathroom!!!
Rian said…
Poor Derry. Cats don't take well to change... especially inside their own space. We had one that would get upset even if we moved furniture around. And they never like strange people and noisy construction... but I'm glad he has his little yard to retire to.
Poor Derry. He's not interested in new showers and toilets and vanities at all. However, for yourself this is looking quite good. With only needing a sink and you have one in the kitchen, you are in good shape for now. Boy will you enjoy a full ensemble of fixtures. And with that clear shower curtain, there will be no "Psycho" worries for you, lol. For now, just don't forget at midnight and run to the basement out of habit. Lynn and Precious xx
Kea said…
That's just a temporary liner, Lynn. I have three shower curtains on order, and I already have a new heavy-duty liner waiting to go up. Not putting that up until the work is done! :-)
Poor Derry!
The bathroom is looking lovely now it is nearly finished.
catladymac said…
Purrs to Derry and we hope things settle down for both of you soon !
Dearest Kim,
WOW, that looks so good and I'm very happy for you that the worst part is over with.
And yes, all our kitties go in hiding when there are male coming to our house or even for taking care of the yard. But they always turn up for the next meal... from wherever spot they found 'shelter'.
Yesterday I tackled the entire home, looks great and I'm very happy. Only mistake I made was taking 6 dried apricots when I was feeling a bit dizzy... But I was awake till 3:15 AM. Today I checked the list from my nephrologist and sure enough, those apricots are way too high in potassium for my poor kidneys. Lesson learned. Put the remainder of the bag ready for the kitty–sitter to take home with her.
Looking forward to a good night sleep.
We've had one entire week with rain on and off and thunder! So dark and dreary looking. No biking.
Just ordered a cotton rib black onesie that was no longer available in small. Got an email at 17:15 that it was back so I snatched that up. Hoping to be wearing it soon, riding our bikes together!!!
Big hugs,
Mariette
Hooray, that's really terrific. hooray!
Poppy Q said…
The bathroom is looking great. Poor Derry, miss pops would be the same. Terrified of strangers in the house.
Marvelous Marv said…
WOW! We ave to take out the 1950's vanity in the bathroom before we lay the new flooring...I'm not looking forward to the dust, mess and chaos of doing all this while still living in the house. You bath/Shower looks totally amazing! I can't wait for the final photos. And poor Derry...my 3 are already upset with the furniture moving, I can't wait to see how they handle the next 3 months! Keep being awesome! Barb
Kea said…
Good luck with that! I've discovered that I can handle a few days of mess, but anything beyond that exhausts me. I'm not a complete clean freak, can't possibly keep up with all the dust and cat hair and dirt, but I AM pretty tidy and drywall dust everywhere (ugh, all over the walls, never mind the floors) drives me batty. I think your new vanity will be worth it all in the end, though. :-)
John Bellen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Bellen said…
The nearly-finished bathroom looks bright and modern; very nice! I'm sorry that the renovations have taken a toll on poor Derry. He is a very sensitive fellow. (I initially put my comment as a reply to Marv's...)
meowmeowmans said…
Poor Derry. Hang in there, sweet boy; it is almost done. Mom Kim: We sure are glad the bathroom reno is getting ever closer -- it looks great! :)
Katie Isabella said…
I feel so badly for Derry that the leaves were shaking with his fright. Thst would just tear me to shreds.
Kea said…
Oh, believe me, it did to me as well, Carole. Poor love. He's faring better than I expected (I thought he might stroke out, for heaven's sake), but I wish I could explain to him what's happening and that in a couple of weeks or so it'll all be done. The guys will not be back now until my vanity is in, so it gives Derry a bit of a break.
The J-Cats said…
The renovated bathroom looks just great! But oh! Poor Derry! We can't bear the thought of him being so frightened. We wish he could teleport over to Us, and We could keep him safe till it's all done!
Mummy doesn't understand why it takes so long. When She bought Our present apawtment 8 years ago, She had all the renovations completed in less than 10 days!
Nightmare trips to the toilet in the middle night with a torch was common place 100 years ago, just saying
Kea said…
Probably because I'm using a small family business and I had to go down in size with the new vanity, currently on order, because the new tub is wider than the old one. Something I didn't realize until AFTER it was in!
Kea said…
When I was growing up, I had an actual chamber pot in my room at night. We did have indoor plumbing and one bathroom downstairs, but some people still had only the outhouse then.
Zoolatry said…
Good job! Now, what gets redone next?
Kea said…
Ha, nothing unless there's a lottery win my near future. :-P But on the list, the kitchen desperately, and I do mean desperately, needs to be done too.
Maebeme said…
Poor Derry, it sounds like there will be a bit of a break so hopefully he'll settle down. It looks terrific, bright and clean and very modern.
Team Tabby said…
Our Mindy survived the almost the five days of complete bathroom reno in our home. You will love yours when it's finally finished. ....... Nina and Angel Mindy