Wordy Wednesday: Reno Chaos

Early this morning, before the demo.

Last fall's plumbing repair included the wrong colour plate to cover the older, large hole from the two separate taps that were there before. 

White duct tape comes in handy.  :-P


I've been living with a cracked tub surround for about 20 years and with a steel tub that had patches of its finish long gone. I will be glad to have a new tub and surround installed!


I was off visiting a friend yesterday, have some critter to pics to share another time. For now, I'm just trying to get through the chaos! Derry was out for part of the morning, and I had wanted him to stay outside in the garden, but he got around me and made a beeline for the front bedroom, where he is now, hiding under the covers.

Oh, and there's a young feral cat, the cause of Derry's early morning howling outside. I finally spied him yesterday morning and gave him a couple of cans of Fancy Feast. I had to back up about 20 feet, but he ate them, he's starving. He ate another couple of cans this morning, and half a package of kitty treats (I had left those on my step). I will pick up some wet and dry over the weekend, with the hope that he'll keep coming around.


Take care, everyone. I'll visit blogs when I can!

Comments

Dearest Kim,
Oh, none of is is EVER longing for renovations!
BUT if we're creative enough with our imagination, we see the END results and thus it is so worth it.
So sorry for Derry's howling early morning due to the feral kitten outside.
Sweet of you for feeding it and hoping it will find some human for adopting him/her!
It breaks our heart to see unloved kitties outside in the elements.
Saw one the other night scooting under our gazebo during heavy rains and thunder.
Wonder why some people don't let them inside of their home for shelter?!
Good luck and looking forward to your critter pictures.
Hugs,
Mariette
I hope they get that all done quickly for you. Derry, keep calm dude, a kitty needs some food to survive out there. Y'all take care.
So nice you could feed the feral cat. So sad. Do hope once the demo was finished the workers did not up and leave! You'd need a cold shower if they did. I love the petunias Derry is guarding. Don't we cat owners know about hiding cats, lol. Precious is out just now only because the chipmunk is going strong on the patio. I bribed it with a few grapes, or did I actually bribe Precious with the grapes. Lynn and Precious XX
Kea said…
That's the feral cat outside on my front step. :-P

Derry goes only into the enclosed back garden. This fellow is a dark, smoky grey. Young and very lean. :-(
catladymac said…
Hope your renovation is successful...and Derry regains his equilibrium and the young stranger realizes you mean him no harm. Purrs.
John Bellen said…
The fifth picture is your bathroom with everything ripped out? Yikes! It looks like a demolition - which I guess it is, in a way. Soon, it won't look anything like that. As for the newcomer, thank you for feeding him. He was undoubtedly starving, as you wrote. Contrary to some people's beliefs, cats don't do well when abandoned. The poor guy.
meowmeowmans said…
Wow, that some renovation drama, for sure! How long will it be until the new surround and tub are in? Poor Derry. So much upset in his little world right now. Hopefully, once the bathroom is done, things will be a bit more routine in his world (even with a feral kitty around). Thank you for caring for the feral, Kim.
Dark gray like Precious but lean and thin instead of chubby I take it, lol.
Zoolatry said…
Been there/done that - more times than I can remember (in multiple homes). T'will be fun and frustrating ... but worth it when done. Hopefully Derry will find sufficient hidey-spots during all
the messy-mess (and likely noise) ... and enjoy the new little yard kitty.
Maebeme said…
Oh the joys of renovation. It is worth it in the end but getting through it isn't the most fun I've ever had. Hope Derry manages to find his quiet spots.
Good luck with the feral. It's very good of you to feed him.
That looks like a major renovation job! I think I would join Derry under the covers while it was going on. I hope that feral realises you are a friend and becomes more friendly. You are kid to look out for him.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
You will love it once it is over! Renos are hard but the results are worth it!
Hope you do not need to wait too much longer for thing to get one!
So good of you to look after the outdoor kitty.
Purrs, Julie
SuziQCat said…
Hopefully they will be finished soon!! It will be worth it in the end. Great job caring for that stray kitty! Hang n there Derry, it will be over before too long.
Having a bathroom renovated can be stressful and an inconvenience but is usually worth it in the end. How cool are you looking out for that kitty