The cone of shame
Before I give a quick update on Derry, I'd like to offer my deepest condolences to two well-known bloggers on the loss of their family members. If you haven't already done so and would like to leave condolences, please see the links from the Cat Blogosphere here:
******
As for my sweet little Derry-bear, well, he's sporting the cone of shame, cape-style, to keep him from pawing at his eye.
I'll skip over the details of how hard it was to connect with our vet regarding meds. The antiviral he wanted to have compounded is no longer available at their compounding pharmacy, nor was one other option. Another anti-viral, for which he had faxed in a prescription to my own drugstore, was not available except in injection format (for humans).
Finally, yesterday afternoon I was able to get antibiotic eye ointment (2x per day), for any secondary infection, as well as pain meds in drop form (up to 4x per day).
I hope Derry will start to feel better in a few days. He can open his eye a bit, as you can see in the above snapshot (both taken a short time ago), but it's obvious it's bothering him. He's a pretty pathetic mancat right now, between that and the heavy "cape", which makes moving around awkward. Once his eye has improved enough to take off the "cone," he'll start to feel better, I suspect. I'm sure he desperately wants to scratch and to groom himself!
Thanks for the good thoughts left in the previous post. Take care, all.



Comments
Poor Derry, he sure looks pitiful with his collar/cape on...
Hoping that it will improve soon.
Hugs,
Mariette
Purrs, Julie and mum