Tuesday Tales and Tails

I think it's Tuesday; the long weekend has thrown me off more than I typically would be!

Derry's tail, snapped in July. Love the cute curve.

No "tales", really, just a bit of a mish-mash.

It was a good thrift store weekend, especially at Value Village. I haven't been into ours more than two or three times since the pandemic started, and I lucked in this time by finding ten books (mysteries), eight tops for the fall/winter, and a sweet fabric shower curtain as a spare for the new bathroom. (The shower curtain is old, but very pretty and girly, my kind of thing. I think it will become my spring/summer one.)

Derry on Saturday, checking out the new shower curtain.

Derry got a new cat tree a couple of weekends ago, mostly because he wasn't using the larger one. So I found a small one at Pet Valu and moved the big one up to the guest room, where he can get to it via the bed.


I've been looking at cat trees online, particularly on Wayfair.ca, because they have a few I really like. However, the tiers seem to be placed too close together for a senior cat to easily access anything but the lower ones. (Or at least Derry!) So when I saw this at a local Pet Valu store, I got it. The lower "cup" is placed far enough away from the top one that any cat can easily access the higher perch. My only "complaint" is that it's quite short at 28 inches; I would have preferred one a few inches taller.

As with all things, Derry used it for a week and now is less interested. Typical of him!


Derry also got a new scratcher bed (that was all of $10 via the online vet store). I had to get a new one because he threw up his breakfast in the old one a few weeks ago. Ugh and gross. So that was disposed of, pronto. This time I bought a spare! (I do appreciate that his aim was IN the "bed" and not on the carpet for once!)

He's making "lovey eyes" in the snapshot above, but yes, his left eye is acting up yet again. I have a vet appointment for him on September 19th, which was the earliest I could get. Right now I'm giving him the anti-inflammatory eye ointment 4x per day when I can, 3x per day when I can't, so perhaps he needs a different med. It wouldn't surprise me if he eventually loses vision in that eye, though I certainly hope not. Mostly I just don't want him to suffer, to be in any pain.

He's certainly still enjoying the little garden!


There's nothing else of note, really, so I'll leave you with some recent sky snapshots. Mother Nature certainly has been putting on a show lately!




This last snapshot was from Saturday evening as the sky was clearing. Amazing cloud formation!

Take care and keep well, everyone.

Peace.

Comments

Dearest Kim,
Well, such extended weekends can certainly throw us 'off' the calendar!
We're past Labor Day and we just remained at home; a laundry/folding/ironing day for me + today...
Also, as an escape into fresh air and no rain for once, I pedaled with Pieter to Walmart for getting us some mandarins. Not far, only 10 km total but lovely!
Baked Amaretti cookies from almond meal and my meringue went well, couldn't do it on those rainy days...
Hugs from the kitties to Derry and from me,
Mariette
Derry likes the shower curtain. Maybe you should have got him one to put in the cat tree!
The Island Cats said…
Derry scored some great new things! I like that mini cat tree. ~Ernie
meowmeowmans said…
That last cloud photo ... amazing! We always love seeing Derry, and it sounds like he got some really great stuff. We hope he's just taking a break from his new tree, and that he delights you by using it soon. We also hope his eye will be okay. Hugs to you, and scritches to Derry!

P.S. - Value Village certainly lived up to its name this trip!
I got hooked on your blog the minute I saw that tail curved like a hook, Derry. You can tell your biped and that we think that shower curtain is just really pretty and it sounds like a good find for your mom. So sorry to hear about your eye and hope that you make it to the doctor and get things fixed real quick. We've had four days of rain so we haven't seen any beautiful Skies like you're showing us today. However, the rain quit last night and at 5:00 this morning I'm looking at a zillion Stars.
Cool cat tower with a great view :)
That scratcher looks cool too!
Purrs for a good Vet visit. Mum really likes the sky pics!! Awesome!
Purrs, Julie
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
The cat tree looks like it was a hit! Annabelle and Boo could have cared less about the cat tree so I just took it down and got rid of it as it took up so much space. Derry looks so sweet in all the photos. Love the sky photos too especially the last one!
Love that question mark tail! Looks like you made some great finds at the bargain stores. The sky photos are beautiful.
John Bellen said…
The cloud in the last photo was beautiful and awesome! As for Derry, if he were in pain or discomfort with the eye, he's be making attempts to rub it, or scratch it, the same as we would. He might do that as well if he were starting to lose his vision and things looked blurry to him. If he's not doing that, he likely is not feeling anything over it. I think you are taking good care of him, as always.