Friday Funnies
Courtesy of Pinterest, as usual!
I think this one, below, is called retirement. :-D
******
Derry went back to the vet clinic yesterday to have the old Freestyle Libre senor removed and a new one put on. I took a glucometer with me and had the tech do a glucose reading with it while the old sensor was on, so I could then scan the old sensor and see if the numbers were close.
Glucometer: 4.6
Old senor: 4.4
This means that yes, the senor has been working properly and giving accurate readings, which was a relief to me, as I have no desire to stress Derry (or myself) out by trying to prick his ears with a needle unless I absolutely have to.
The new sensor was applied to Derry's left side this time, and will be good for another 14 days.
I also had the vet tech take a blood sample and am having the serum fructosamine test re-run. Derry has had no insulin since early morning on October 15th and so far has been reading within normal levels. So a double-check of the fructosamine is in order, IMO. I should have the results on Monday.
******
If anyone needs a bit of inspiration, this popped up in my Pinterest feed too. Take care and happy weekend!
Peace.




Comments
You see, things don't look as grave as you were 'afraid of' they would.
Derry looks good and even with his shaved upper back and remember that however YOU feel, it also will reflect on Derry boy. Being anxious is not good for the optimum health feeling and a lot we can influence positively.
Think about kitties living out on the street that never have anyone checking on them... They might nog receive too much of wrong or bad food either...
Each coin has two sides.
But no doubt you will enter the weekend feeling a lot more relieved.
That first cartoon is a good one. The 1st mentioned ought to read: BED... Haha!
Kitties are right on target when it comes to that and we kitty moms have done quite some loads of kitty laundry or caused by kitties...😼
But that is called—LOVE and dedication!
Big hugs,
Mariette
Of all my cats, Derry has lived the longest, had the most attention (simply because I work from home), has been spoiled the most. He's had a good life with me.
And yes, I do feel more relieved knowing the sensors are doing what they are supposed to!
Take care and have a lovely weekend.