Friday Funnies

Some Pinterest "funnies" to celebrate the end of the work week:

Me, on Sunday after the time change.

Life with cats....



It's the status quo at my end, nothing to report. Derry had his second sensor removed yesterday and a new one put on. So far his numbers remain within the normal range, knock on wood. If that continues through the next thirteen days, I'll likely wait a few weeks before taking him back, just to give him a break from the frequent trips to the vet clinic.

Morning sky on October 31st.


Cuddles on Friday October 28th, after I got home from the work "sprint."
We both needed that snuggle time! (And one of us needed wine too.)

As for non-cat things, now that we're into November and well past our Thanksgiving (October), I'm mentally gearing up to do some Christmas decorating. I love holiday decorations and I seem to start earlier every year. I saw a cute idea on Pinterest, using dollar store ornaments, and decided to try it in my own bathroom:


The person had used all red baubles on her white shower curtain, but I alternated with red and green, and added a couple of little ones on the wall cabinet and the hand towel holder. Cute, inexpensive, and understated (IMO).

No, I haven't done anything else, I really just wanted to see if I'd like the idea. :-)

That's all from our end. Take care, everyone, and keep well.

Comments

Rian said…
Love your funnies... especially the 2nd one! Glad Derry is doing well. As for Christmas decorating, I may leave my few Halloween things up until December.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Oh my here in the US we have to switch our clocks back one hour this weekend, so yeah I get the it's midnight wailing. It will be dark so early. Derry looks super snuggly! And your holiday decorations in the bathroom are really cute!
Those were fun funnies, that first on is so darn true! Howdy Derry. You two enjoy your weekend!!!
Kea said…
Halloween is the one celebration I do NOT decorate for. LOL.
Kea said…
Does Mexico change time too? I think the UK already has, recently. But all I know is that Canada and the US do this weekend, then ahead in March, and I really wish we could just stay on daylight savings time and be done with the foolishness. There's no longer any good reason to keep switching back and forth, IMO!
Kea said…
I'm definitely not looking forward to the "fall back" this weekend. It's too dark, too early, though admittedly by January I start to notice a bit more daylight in the afternoons.

We hope you all enjoy your weekend too. :-)
Only without a young kitten can you do the glass balls on the vanity, lol. But I think they look
festive. Good idea. We now have Thanksgiving to look forward to so my decorations come
after Dec first. But the stores! They are geared up with trees and ornaments galore. Glad to hear
Derry is staying stable with the diabetes by the feeding of special food. I will have to look into
the UTI homeopathic med you mentioned for Precious. Thanks Kim. Have a great weekend, with or without a lovely glass of vino. Lynn and Precious
Kea said…
The baubles are non-breakable. I learned not to have anything valuable around pretty quickly after adopting Chumley and then Annie. 😁

No vino this weekend, the one sugar-free white wine I can drink has been out of stock for a bit. I tried another, but didn't really like it.

Take care!
Our clocks went back last weekend. We were on a cruise and The Canary Islands (Spain) were on BST. Our last stop was Vigo (Mainland Spain) and we had to put our clocks forward an hour! It didn't get light until 9am! Then we had two sea days and on the second one we had to put our clocks back to BST. We disembarked on Saturday and that night had to put our clocks back to GMT. Is it any wonder I am confused??
I am glad Derry's numbers are keeping stable. Thanks for the funnies too.
Dearest Kim,
Well, housecleaning 'funny' is a true one—and even in BOLD when having five kitties...😼
So happy for Derry and let's hope it stays like this so you have nothing else to worry about, or better put—to focus on then Christmas coming closer.
Can't believe how fast this is going...
Just took our flannel duvet cover apart in the side seam with the seam ripper, for adding another 25 cm width to it.
Years ago, the down duvets were smaller in size and now they're 2.33m x 2.33m. WHY are they constantly changing things?!
So I will make it fit by cutting up a 2nd fitted sheet.
Tomorrow night we will sleep on it—into winter time!
Hugs,
Mariette
catladymac said…
Purrayers that the good news for Derry continues !
John Bellen said…
Well done, Derry - and well done, you, too. Your care of the little man is paying off. As for the Christmas ornaments, I hope they are not fragile; I can see me sweeping back the curtains after a shower and smashing them all.
Kea said…
Ah, I wouldn't know if I were coming or going, with all those time changes! I hope the cruise was fantastic!
Kea said…
It seems that companies are always "improving" their products, whatever they are and whether or not they actually need "improving!"

We're having atypically warm weather right now, no flannel needed last week or this week coming. :-)
Kea said…
Does the dollar store even sell breakable ornaments? LOL. I don't have anything precious or breakable on display in the house, no family heirlooms, etc.
meowmeowmans said…
We are sort of dreading the time change, too -- it's a little disorienting (especially for Ava's tummy timer). We're glad to hear about Derry's good numbers so far, and will keep on purring and praying. Yay for surviving that sprint ... those are just never ever fun, and I'm glad you got some well-deserved snuggles and vino at the end of the week. Your holiday decorations look great!
SuziQCat said…
So glad Derry continues to do well. The decorations in the bathroom are super cute! What a great idea.
Katie Isabella said…
OH I am so glad to be here. Kim, is there a way to subscribe to the blog?