Final Friday Funnies for 2022

Happy almost New Year, everyone!

As usual, here are a few funnies that popped up in my Pinterest feed lately:





********

And my wish for 2023:

********

BTW, what a difference a week makes! From a blizzard that shut down everything between Oshawa and the Quebec border to plus 7C this morning (December 30th).

Below, two days ago (Dec 28) at the bus stop:

To this, at 8 AM today:

Comments

Dearest Kim,
Love that amazon order by that kitty!
What a winter weather as shown in your photos.
Today we face 27°C so that is lovely for ending the year.
Heated pool will be an added bonus...
Wishing you all the very best for 2023 and for Derry as well.
Just placed an order of Hill's Prescription Diet for Bandido—trying if that helps his vomiting. He can have stretches without any issue and then... Hate to see him struggle! We love our babies and never want them to suffer.
Hugs,
Mariette
Kea said…
27C! Wow! That's summer, Mariette. 😎

Which food? Derry is good on the Hills z/d for most of his dry; unfortunately he doesn't like the canned, even if I mix it with lots of Fortiflora or other tasty additive. Whatever the food, I hope it works well for him. ❤️
Happy New Year, Derry and biped! Just wondering since the snow looked so very deep, is your city close to the Lake Ontario? Or further inland? Our snow melted this morn and it did get to a dark and cloudy 50 F yesterday and this morn. It felt good to take a long walk yesterday afternoon and a short one this morn, down and up my hill, before the rains come. I think climate has been a yo-yo for about 10 years or more here. Love the funnies, good to have a sense of humor in the winter! Lynn and Precious XX
Rian said…
Wow! Your snow pics say a lot, Kim. Good thing I don't live there... you'd never get me outside. Wishing you and Derry a happy healthy safe 2023!
Kea said…
Hi Lynn. We're right on Lake Ontario, where it meets the St
Lawrence River and the Rideau Canal. We get a lot of lake-effect snow. I'm glad your temps are so mild and your snow is disappearing or gone!
Kea said…
Happy New Year, Rian! You don't get ME out much in the winter. 😁
Maebeme said…
Happy New Year Kim! I am certainly looking forward to 2023.
The Aunty Acid is so on point, and the body parts made me laugh.
Glad to see that the snow is melting there...I'm hopeful ours will be gone by May. :p
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I am so glad your snow is abating. Like you our weather had a rapid recovery, guess what this week we're going back into the 80's! ARGH You know I'd like somewhere in between the artic plunge and tropical spring. Maybe just a shade of autumn in winter? I dunno. Anyway I know a lot of people would kill to have 80 degrees right now. Those were good funnies! Thanks for sharing and making me chuckle on a Friday.
Love the funnies! That is amazing how quickly your snow is going! We rarely get it here but if we do it is not usually more than 2 inches. The big difference is that once it is on the ground it freezes and then we get rain which freezes on top. The ice gets deeper and it stays for ages. The run off from the fields freeze on the single track road which doesn't help either.
PS. The postman decided to deliver some cards today that got held up in their many strikes. Yours was one of them, thank you.
Those were all good ones. I need a Service Human vest. I'm glad your weather is improving some. Happy New Year!
Oh, believe us Kim—we've tried it all and there are some good times but then again he needs to violently throw up again and over and over...
Dido as we call him, hardly gets dry food anymore.
We sure hope to see some improvements as he is also very skinny but looking healthy and shiny. He's such a love bug and we can't see our babies suffer!
We also feed him smaller portions and even the cat sitter comes trice daily—for him once extra.
Hugs,
Mariette
John Bellen said…
Geez, it's like we sent you a chinook to melt all your snow. Now comes the fun, slushy times...
Patty said…
Hello! I'm sorry I've never commented before. I read your blog and just had to comment. My cat would vomit daily of and on for a few years. The vet did all kinds of tests. We finally tried probiotics and what a game changer. I keep a diary of his issue and now it's maybe once a month! It can't hurt to try and at least the probiotic might help with any tummy problems.
Sorry, I hope I haven't overstepped by suggesting this.
Thank you for you posts Kea and pics of darling Derry!
Kea said…
Hi Patty! Welcome, I'm glad you commented! I don't know what Mariette gives her cats, but Derry has been on Fortiflora for years, mainly to entice him to eat canned food in the younger years. It's never made a difference in his own late-life IBD/SIBO, but I have not tried different/better probiotics. I think there are lots of options today that were not available years ago.

I hope you will feel comfortable enough to come again, but either way way, I appreciate that you've been following along!

Take care and have a happy New Year!
meowmeowmans said…
The coffee one is me every Monday morning. LOL. It's amazing that so much of your snow has melted away after just one week! Happy New Year's Eve to you and Derry. We are so grateful for you! XO
Gidget Blue Sky said…
iz jus raining, raining, raining here. Peez an Ha-pee-ness!! ha-pee noo yeer!
Happy New Year. The change is weather is dramatic-the pendulum swinging from one side to the other. Be safe and happy! Ear scritches to Derry. Love the funnies!