Friday Funnies

I have a mix of "funnies" today, some winter/holiday themes, some cat themed, a few more of a social statement. I'll have an update on Derry (all is fine) below!

This (directly below) from a B.C. SPCA website, I think. (It popped up in my Pinterest feed.)


A few winter/holiday ones. The first, below, was actually posted in Teams by one my co-workers, for a morning smile.


This is the response I'd get if I tried caroling, with my croaky, off-key voice. 

My favourite is the third one, personal triumphs. Alas, this pretty much sums up life in the age of social media.



Below: Not a "funny, and one you've probably seen before many times. I love the "Peanuts," whether Charles Schultz's original work or others' artwork. I had so many of the books when I was a child, and I wish I still had them!


As for this fellow...

I took him back to the vet clinic on Wednesday (originally had been scheduled for Thursday) so I could have his left eye re-checked, as well as have another sensor applied.

He had been blinking his (left) eye, the problem one, a fair bit, but happily there is no sign of an ulcer and all seems to be fine. Fingers crossed that remains the case. He gets eye lubricant (gel) twice a day and the anti-inflammatory (gel) once a day. Poor guy. He tolerates it because he gets treat afterward!

His sensor readings have been within normal too, at least for the past 24 hours. If that remains the case, I probably won't bother with another sensor again unless he shows signs of excessive thirst and litterbox use, etc.

He's also up 0.23 kg (about half a pound). He IS overweight, but I'd rather he have some extra fat than none, especially at his age (15.5).

He's currently spending most of his time under the guest bed, which he started doing earlier this week, before the vet visit. Why he wants to be upstairs in the coldest room in the house, in winter, is beyond me!


The "sketch" was done using Toolwiz Photos. I saw a glowing review of it when I was looking for photo editing apps, so thought I'd try it. I haven't explored it much, but I did like the sketch effect.

That's it from our end for the moment. Take care, everyone. ♥

Comments

Nothing like a homemade pencil drawing of your very special kitty. That actually is a good picture. The jokes are always welcome and as we have had nothing but black dark gloomy skies for about 10 days they are the light. However when I got up this morning I can see what's left of the full moon so maybe I'm going to get a little daylight today. It's a shame you have to keep poking your finger into Derry's eye, lol. Our cat seem to find a way to tolerate most of what we put them through thankfully. I hope you are doing well for this upcoming holiday season with your stomach issues and trying to sleep at night. I wanted to tell you that I now take 450 mg of black cohosh and it seems to be making a difference at night. Don't work too hard until holiday weekend. Lynn and Precious XX
Kea said…
Thanks, Lynn. I know of black cohosh, but haven't tried it. I have an appointment with my ND next week; I'll ask her if it's worth trying or if it would cause further issues. I'm having deja vu at the moment, have you mentioned black cohosh before? If not, maybe I dreamed this!
So good to hear that Derry is doing well and I purr he keeps doing well.
Mum and I send him some love and good wishes for his eye to get better soon and that he remains well. The sketch is pawsome!
Purrs, Julie
Kea said…
You and Julie have been in our thoughts and prayers, Nancy. Thanks for stopping by. ♥
Kim, I didn't say it helped my memory, lol! So I probably have said before.
Dearest Kim,
Those funnies are hilarious!
But the Derry pictures are always the very best.
Hoping all stays the way it is with his health.
Hugs,
Mariette
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Derry always is adorable and his sketch is so lovely. I had a good laugh with the funnies.
Zoolatry said…
I must have missed a post or two (oh, dear) as I did not know about the ongoing issues with Derry, and am so very sorry, but good to read you feel he is doing better ~ and I hope that continues. He is such a good boy, so much loved and you give him such exceptional care ...
As for the funnies: drats on anything "net related", we blog that's it, drats on all other social media, a waste of time in my opinion (feet, food or otherwise, duh). Stay well, stay warm, luv ya!
I am glad Derry is doing well. The sketch looks great. Thanks for the funnies too.
Those are terrific funnies, love the work from home one. I sure am happy that Derry is doing well. Have a great weekend you two.
catladymac said…
Glad to get the good news about Derry. Our Buzz gets eyedrops - twice a day for glaucoma prevention and once the anti-inflammatory. He tolerates drops pretty well, but I don;t think he would like gel either.
That last cartoon (not the Peanuts one) seems to exemplify "first world problems."
That is a great sketch of Derry !
John Bellen said…
I used to have dozens of books of the collected 'Peanuts' strips. I was working my way to collect them all, especially the earliest; I don't know what ahppened to them. I think they may have been given away when I moved as a child. Sigh.

Derry is looking fine, and doing fine. I think you're right about not having another sensor. Keeping an eye on symptoms will likely be enough for the future.
meowmeowmans said…
Oh, I love Peanuts, too. I also wish I still had those books from my childhood.

The funnies were funny, indeed! Personal triumphs made me smile real big -- the bar is weherever you set it, I guess. LOL

Yay for Derry doing well. Paws crossed that his numbers stay "good," and his eye remains free of issues, too. We like that pencil sketch effect of your handsome dude.

Hugs to you, Kim, and scritches for Derry!
Rian said…
Love the picture and the sketch of Derry. And I had to laugh at your comment of your "off key" voice. My cats would put their paws over my mouth if I tried to sing to them. I always took that as a "please don't".
Gidget Blue Sky said…
your boy iz berry berry hansum and these jock are berry berry funny!!!!!
I love the pencil drawing of Derry. I have been on the search for a new photo editing app. I think I may have to give that one a try. Peanuts is my favourite cartoon. However, all of the funnies you posted made me smile! Sending your little guy good thoughts and purrs from Emily and Willow.