Happy 15th Gotcha Day, Derry!

Never in a million years did I think Derry would be with me for 15 years, through so many changes and challenges. 


We all know that life can turn in an instant, so I don't take our time together for granted. I know it's drawing to a close, as he's elderly in terms of a cat's lifespan and now has some health issues. I've been blessed to share my life with him for this long, and whatever the next year brings, I hope and pray it will be merciful and free of suffering for him.

I love you, my Baby Bear, more than any words can express. Happy Gotcha Day! 💖

Comments

Derry is your Christmas gift this year. That's a handsome boy and he's done such a good job of keeping you company while you work from home. We wish the best of you for Christmas and that he has a much longer and healthy life with you.
WooHoo!!!! Happy 15th Birthday Derry!!!
That is pawsome and you look so good too :)
Hope you are spoiled today... and every day!
Purrs, Julie
Poppy Q said…
Aww we are glad you have had so many happy years shared together. We do wish our small friends could live longer.
Happy Gotcha Day sweet Derry!!! We're part of the Derry Fan Club and we love you lots pal.
John Bellen said…
What a wonderful life it has been for Derry, and continues to be. Every life has its challenges and battles but, with your help, he has overcome all enemies. Long may that be so!
Happy 15th Gotchaversary, Derry!
Dearest Kim,
Congratulations to Derry's 15th gotcha day!
Yes, it is an age that we seriously have to consider their seniority...
Our Barty reached 16 years and 7 months but I had to let him sleep in as he was going down so fast.
We sure don't want them to suffer! They deserve better as they are such loyal companions—far more than many humans every will be able to.
Our Bandido, one of the four surviving siblings (out of five) is having those awful bouts where he is violently throwing up. It is so hard for finding the best food for them and for keeping them comfortable. He might go for weeks without any issues and then three times in one day.
But he is so very sweet and loyal—how can we not love them back?!
The only thing we can do is pray for them that God keeps him alive a little longer just as I ask for Pieter and for being strong enough myself to care for all of them.
There are too many horror stories out there of elderly kitties or doggies that end up at the humane society because their human parent(s) died...
Big hugs and stay cozy and warm. Saturday it will freeze here –8°C and now just around –3°C and slowly down. Hate those dreary and dark days. But it is heart warming to see that many birds come to our different feeders for survival.
Mariette
Rian said…
Congrats to Derry on his 15th birthday! He is a handsome fella... and both of you have been blessed to share these years together. Here's hoping he'll be with you for a few more, Kim. Rose was with us for 23... and Ghost (whom the vets said probably wouldn't make it to her first birthday) was with us for 14... so you never know. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and stay warm!!
The Island Cats said…
Happy Gotcha Day, Derry!!
Maebeme said…
Happy Gotcha Day to Derry. He's such a lovely boy and I certainly hope he'll be with you for many more years.
Fur Everywhere said…
Happy 15th Gotcha Day, Derry, and here's to many more!! I hope he is with you for some years to come. I know whatever time he has left, you'll make wonderful for him. <3
meowmeowmans said…
Happy Gotcha Day, Derry and Kim! We love us some Derry, and hope he'll be around for at least a few more gotcha days. Love and hugs to you both!
Happy Gotcha Day Derry! Sending lots of purrs and loves for many more years of happiness and joy here with us all. xo, Tommy and Teaghan
Gidget Blue Sky said…
Derry iz berry berry hansum!!! Ha-pee gotcha and ha-pee holidaze
SuziQCat said…
Happy Gotcha Day Derry!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Things have been crazy here so I'm remiss to be coming so late, but a very happy Gotcha to you and Derry Bear!
Happy belated Gotcha Day, Derry! ♥