Seriously, winter? Really?
Our latest storm, last night and early this morning. Seriously? I have only rude words.
This is the accumulation of snow since the latter part of January, below. We did have that Epic Blizzard at Christmas, but it had melted and we were down to grass. Now I can't even lift the shovel high enough anymore.
I dug out the driveway, then just for fun, walked the 2+ km to the closet bus transfer station. It was a nice morning once the snow eased up, quiet except for the sound of snowblowers and shovels.
Below is one of the snow "mountains" from the plow, at the end of one of the streets in our complex. It's massive.
This was the only sidewalk that was cleared along the way (or anywhere else for that matter), so I think it must have been done by a kind and generous homeowner with a snowblower. The side streets weren't even plowed yet, and it will take days for a city sidewalk plow to come by.
So. Much. Snow.
The buses were running, though, so after a stop for a tea latté and some egg bites from the Starbucks kiosk in Loblaws, I hopped a bus heading out to the west end. I figured if people actually made it to work, it was my civic duty to shop and help and support the economy. Haha!
I did pick up a couple of small things at HomeSense--and no, I was not the only one in the store. I wasn't the only one in the main mall either; it's at the other major bus transfer point. I did buy a pretty pottery mug and some decaf coffee at Marshalls while I was there, and a couple of cosy mysteries from Indigo. "Civic duty" done.
I know I complain about winter every year, but it's what I do. I'm not the hardy, love winter kind of Canadian (I don't know many who are!). I'm the gripe about it every day until it's gone kind of Canadian. Oh sure, I know we have no control over Mother Nature, but this is the only way I can endure the season.
This year, though, is a significant test of my endurance!









Comments
We got snow as well, but it was light and fluffy.
We might a little bit on Monday.
We are looking forward to Spring(even though our Winter had been nice).
I am looking forward to grass!
https://mickeytheblackcat.blogspot.com/
Such bitter winters are a burden.
I would not have been able on my walker to see my primary care doctor on Friday and then off to the imaging center for more x–rays of my chest.
You were brave to walk and shop!
Great photos that speak for themselves.
Hugs,
Mariette