Mancat Monday: Leonard (No, I didn't adopt!)

I posted a bad cell snapshot of this cutie, whose name is Leonard, at the end of a vacation post:


At the time I wasn't sure if he had a home or had been abandoned. I've since learned his name, obviously, and that yes, he does have a home in one of the units on our street.

Pics from early July.


He's very friendly, but oh, he's full of mischief too! He discovered the robin nest outside my door, and while he didn't get any of the babies (he would not have been able to get just one of them if he could have accessed the nest, which I highly doubt, given its location among the dense branches), he sure did create a real ruckus for them all. The parents were hollering at him and dive-bombing him repeatedly one morning, as I was heading out for errands. I lured him away a few times before I had to catch the bus, and when I finally left, he had parked himself under the shrub by my door, the brat. 


I haven't seen him lately, so either he's creating trouble elsewhere, or, less likely, his human is keeping him indoors. In any case, there are no more baby robins for him to hunt, at least not at my unit.

Comments

Leopard is definitely one well marked cat. What a handsome fellow he is. And yes Robins are very very protective of their nest. I have seen them and bluebirds chase squirrels and pluck fur right out of their tails. I enjoy all of your post and I hope you keep showing man cat Monday with your boys and Annie. I only knew Derry for a short while by comparison. And I enjoy seeing about the rest of them over the years. Lynn and Precious XX
Kea said…
I will keep doing the mancat memories, yes. Since I've been back from visiting Dad, though, I've been having a resurgence of grief over Derry's loss, and didn't feel like posting memories this week. I also don't have a lot of pics of the boys from July 2008. Lots of other pics, though!
My Mind's Eye said…
Handsome Leonard likes to spread his mischievousness among all the homes.
He certainly has a long tail and very pretty furs
Hugs Cecilia
pilch92 said…
Very handsome boy.
Maebeme said…
He's a very handsome kitty, but I do hope his owner is keeping him indoors. For the sake of the birds and his safety too!
Katie Isabella said…
He is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect name for him too. And I as well as everyone here understand that surge of grief. I have those all the tie for my babies who have gone on. XO
He's quite the handsome dude but I hope he gives the neighborhood birds a break!
meowmeowmans said…
Leonard sure is handsome! I'm glad to know he has a home, and that he's so friendly. I wish he's be a little friendlier to those birds, though. :)
John Bellen said…
He's a handsome fellow but, as much as I like cats, I'm glad Leonard didn't get any robins...