Winding up the month
I didn't take many snapshots this month, didn't really get a chance to get out and about for work reasons, heat/humidity, etc. The pics I did quickly take were mostly done so with the phone or my pocket point and shoot, so not super quality.
I have no idea what kind of flowers these are, above. Someone in our complex has a lovely garden with them.
What a great cloud formation, above!
Below: I did pop down to the waterfront marina and park one Saturday afternoon, briefly. It was bright overcast, but even with the cloud cover, my SPF 50 sunscreen, a hat, and lots of water, it was so hot and muggy that I overheated very quickly.
I don't know why I have a fixation with the Wolfe Island ferry! My dad's thing is trains, mine is ferries.
I do have one funny story from the July Canada weekend, though, which I don't think I've posted about.
On the holiday Monday, with most businesses closed except some larger retail stores, I headed out at 9 AM to get groceries. I had everything in hand, stepped out of the house, closed the door...and realized I had locked myself out of the house, something I've never done in my entire life. I've locked myself out of the house at the back a few times, all "fun" adventures, but this was a new one!
Thank goodness my cell was in my purse!
My first action was to message, then call, the person who has a spare set of keys, in the hopes she was around. Alas, no response.
So then I Googled for locksmiths, tried one with no answer (holiday Monday, remember?), tried the second and hallelujah, the fellow answered! I think I must have woken him up, as he was groggy-sounding and grumbly too, but he came right away regardless. Bless him for that!
It took a bit of time, but eventually he was able to get the door unlocked without having to drill. Whew!
I confess I had visions of a huge invoice with a holiday premium, but it was $110 and change, with tax. At least a third of what I had been expecting. I paid his invoice right away and gave the company a 5-star review on Google, I was so impressed with his service. I hope I never need the services of a locksmith again, but if I do, I won't hesitate to call him.
BTW, I learned something from him: Take a photo of the numbers on your keys, that way if you lock yourself out, a locksmith can cut a key based on those numbers, no locking-picking or drilling necessary.
So that little escapade is proof that even at my age, you can do something new...foolish or not! LOL.
Above, amazing clouds at the end of a stormy day.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend; enjoy the last couple of days of the month. Summer passes far too quickly for me, though I could do without the excessive heat and humidity, as we all could, I'm sure.





Comments
OMCs thank goodness you were able to get a locksmith...and what a valuable bit of information he shared. I would never have thought?WOW
HUGS CECILIA
Those red flowers are called "red hot pokers" or "torch lilies" around here. The scientific name is kniphofia. The bees and butterflies really like them!
Thank goodness you found that reasonable and skillful locksmith. And thanks for the tip about the numbers on the keys -- who knew?
Hugs!
I understand the use of the phone - the big camera is so much heavier. I'm getting better with my phone too, though I'm sure real photographers can readily see the diference. I can't.
Hard to believe August is almost upon us, though a sure sign is how quickly our nights are cooling off.
Have a good weekend!