Cute holiday decorations at our shopping centre

Santa's Village at our mall. They've moved the display to the upper level for the first time ever, and have a new display downstairs (last pic). Keep in mind it's a small city with only one indoor mall. LOL. So it's not big-city slick and professional.

The fellow who plays Santa is great. I believe it's the same man who has done it for years, and he looks the part, complete with real beard. It's been very busy in there, the times I've been in! Most of the kids are good, but some poor little ones have complete meltdowns. It would take endless patience to deal with them all, IMO.🎅










The last pic is where Santa's Village used to be. Moving the village upstairs gives everyone more room, doesn't block traffic flow anymore.

I know it's kind of silly/cheesy, but every time I see that village (and Santa!) it puts a smile on my face. 

Comments

Rian said…
I don't think it looks cheesy/silly at all, Kim. I love the mall displays. The Santa at our mall passed away recently. He was Santa there for about 30 years... and he also very much looked the part.
Boy does this bring back memories. All of our malls are just about gone now. But I remember the one big store that used to be in downtown Columbus ohio. It was called Lazarus. And they had a talking tree at Christmas and it was so fun to see all the elves and decorations. All in a Time passed now, not hardly even any big box stores left.
My Mind's Eye said…
Kim I 100% think this display of all things that make the Holidays Magical. I am especially a beary big fan of bears.
Hugs Cecilia
Those are all very pretty!!! We don't go to our mall anymore, the gangs have taken over and the police seem to be afraid of them.
Katie Isabella said…
LOOK! A Lady Bear! She's wearing a cute skirt! Love her.
Katie Isabella said…
I wanted to say I loved the pictures. So glad you took them. I don't get to see this any more.
meowmeowmans said…
Aww, that looks so sweet! We are glad you shared these photos, Kim. They really did make us smile. XO
Maebeme said…
I remember taking my kids to the mall to visit with Santa. We didn't often purchase the photos - even then they were expensive but they always wanted to tell Santa their gift requests.

There is no mall in the small town where D & Eli live, but Santa did come to the skating rink. D was able to get a photo of the two. Eli told her, he knows it isn't the real Santa because he's too busy, but that's okay because this Santa is his helper. He's only 6 1/2 and he has it figured out.

I love the displays in the mall, but I'd never have the patience to deal with the small children.
John Bellen said…
I like it. It looks home-made, like people put effort into it, and it didn't just come out of boxes. Very nice.
vic said…
Oh, I love it! It's not sleek, shiny, plasticky. It looks cozy, comfortable, real. Can't get any better than that!