Ah, life on our street

 
Yesterday when I popped out to check the mail at lunch time, there were two police cars parked nearby, with other vehicles around, including a truck towing an open trailer. I assumed the renters, who have been a problem for years, were finally moving or there was yet another domestic disturbance.
 
Today, as I was heading out for a quick grocery run on my lunch, a locksmith van was waiting and the unit door was open, stuff piled around. I figured the tenants must finally have been evicted (under protest, hence yesterday's police presence) and were actually moving out.
 
However, when I got back an hour later, all this stuff was left piled up and there was a note taped to the front door. (I wonder--tongue in cheek--if it's a "condemned" notice, I didn't approach to read it.) 

For 20+ years now, this rental unit has been a problem regardless of who has lived there. I don't know who actually owns the unit, but either they are hopelessly foolish (or optimistic) about people, or hopelessly stupid.

I feel very sorry for the two young children (boy and girl) of the mother (not sure about the children's father/s). It's a sad way to start their lives, and I hope that wherever their paths take them in life, they will find the right support so they don't perpetuate family issues.

Anyway, aside from that, winter has finally arrived. This was the view yesterday before the heavy rain of last evening and overnight. Now it's just a dirty mess out there, though we're expecting a lot of snow this weekend and into next week. I don't mind, really, as farmers need the snow for ground cover/moisture for this year's crops. Besides, it was just getting too weird not to have any winter to speak of!


 
Have a great day and be well.

Comments

Maebeme said…
I agree, it's definitely an eviction. I do hope that they come back for the rest of their stuff/crap. Though I suspect it will be up to the landlords to clear the rest of it. Hopefully sooner than later.

We've had more snow - about 4 inches on the ground so far and more expected by the weekend. It's gotten cold too and getting colder still. Yep, winter is here!

Take care, stay warm and dry.
The concern with being a owner and renting, you really do not know what the renters are like until it is too late and to evict takes forever. What a mess may be inside now. Children deserve a better life than one of trash and non caring parents.
Our weather is to be bitter cold starting Friday night but maybe not any serious snow. The wind has been brutal today but the power on and that is what concerns me most.
Stay warm and don't go slipping and sliding about.
Yep, looks like they got tossed out, hopefully it will be quieter around now. The snow is sure pretty but it looks cold!
Dearest Kim,
Those little children are innocent victims of whatever...
SAD!
And all that in the midst of winter with snow and cold.
Hugs,
Mariette
meowmeowmans said…
How sad. It does look like those folks were evicted. So sad for the kids, most of all. All of our snow melted, but we might get more in about a week.
John Bellen said…
It sounds like the renters were evicted, the locks were changed and the renters' belongings left outside - and they may not have bothered coming back to pick them up. Or they may not have the means. Either way, it's not pleasant to be homeless, especially for the children.
My Mind's Eye said…
Oh dear Me Kim I hope and pray the unsightly piles will be picked up soon. I agree I too feel sorry for the children...and I hope there are some responsible family members to care and nourish them.

We have an Arctic blast (for the South) predicted next week
Most days only having a high of 40 a few at freezing and some very cold nights but no precip so far.
Hugs Cecilia
It definitely looks like an eviction. It is the children who suffer though.
We are forecast snow after the weekend. We very rarely get it, but the way the seasons have been acting nothing would surprise me.