"This will hurt..."
Anyone ever have their feet, ankles, and knees lasered with a surgical (hot) laser?
Holy bleep-bleep-bleep it hurts! NOTHING like the cold laser the acupuncturist has used on my feet and knees.
Below: Morning sky on the 21st.
I had an appointment with a podiatrist/chiropodist earlier today, first time ever. (I have a lot of right foot issues such as arthritis, plantar fasciitis, etc. with some added new pain that I wanted to have checked out.)
Below: Not a good pick I was too far away, but I spied this hawk in a dead tree while I was standing at a bus stop yesterday morning.
She thinks she can help me, explained why I was having the new pain (after examining my feet and the way I stand and walk), then took me into a room to sit behind a plexiglass screen, handed me extra dark sunglasses, said, "This will hurt" and proceeded to hot (surgical) laser various areas of my feet, ankles, and knees. Ouch! Supposedly this resets the inflammed/damaged tissues to the first stage of healing.
Then she asked if I've ever had orthotics (because of course that's what they do) and I said yes, three times with only far worse foot pain, unable to use them. She explained that it's a common mistake to over-correct, blah blah blah, that my feet need to be in a neutral position, went ahead and made the moulds and well, now I'll be having orthotics again in a few weeks.
I don't know...I think I would literally cry if she could actually help me. My health coverage via work will pay for one pair a year, so it's no loss to me except upfront (I'll submit for reimbursement).
Anyway, it sure was a new experience! (She has nothing but amazing reviews on Google, so she must be good at what she does...I hope.)
But just a heads up if anyone else gets hot laser treatment for foot (or other) problems, it's gonna hurt!!!
P.S. She didn't charge me for that, or for the initial visit, just for the orthotic$. So I don't feel that I was taken advantage of in that regard. Oh, and btw, she's into cat rescue! I didn't get a chance to ask with which organization; next time!
Comments
Well, on a regular base I go to an Ankle & Foot Center for my medical pedi– and manicure by Georgia's only certified Podology person.
Never heard of your painful surgical hot laser...
Hoping it will help you!
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties
That hot lasering sounds very unpleasant, but I hope it helps you.
something and having pain, rear it’s ugly head. has anyone ever suggested
chiro on the spine, it can affect a lot of different areas….L
OMCs Kim I my feet hurt reading this...I sure do hope you see results quickly making that pain a distant memory.
I have not heard of this treatment. How long did the treatment last? I know it must have felt like hours.
Keep us posted. The sky photo is beautiful
Hugs Cecilia
Love the picture of the sky -- and the one of the hawk. I'm like a child whenever I see a bird of prey perched like that (or flying). They're pretty cool.
That skyscape is amazing!