What a difference two weeks makes!

I went downtown yesterday (Sunday the 26th) for a latté and a long walk along the waterfront paths. I did the same walk as I had done on January 12th, but what a difference two weeks of freezing temps has made!



Two weeks ago the water was open, just ice on the rocks along the shoreline. Not now!




The fellow in the above snapshot was drilling through the ice to fish.







Originally I had thought to walk to Portsmouth Olympic Harbour and even into Lake Ontario Park, but after 90+ minutes of walking into the biting wind, I gave up and called it quits, waited for a bus to head for errands.

It was great to be out...and it was also great to be indoors again, and cosy. LOL.

Take care, all!

Comments

It looks lovely but very cold! Thank you for the card which arrived on Saturday. It is lovely and I will most likely frame it.
What great pictures! No frozen camera, lol. Is the boat a ferry? The lake was navigable that day? 90 minutes outside. I still can not make myself walk outside here. It is to warm up this week to above freezing and be dry, so if the wind is not bad, I must get up and do it and quit being a baby about the cold. I get my exercise going in and out for the birds 3 or 4 times a day. Hope the bus came by quickly. Lynn and Precious XX
Kea said…
Lynn, yes, it's a ferry that runs between the mainland and Wolfe Island. I had my little pocket camera stuffed in my thick mitten in between snapshots.
Rian said…
Enjoyed these pics, Kim. Showed the icy water to DH... can't imagine walking around there... looks so-oo cold!
Such scenic photos but it does look a bit cold!
Maebeme said…
A winter's day with blue sky, even when cold, can be lovely. I really like the photos with the ice shards.
I appreciate knowing that it was a ferry boat. And yes you have to keep that camera thawed out.
Katie Isabella said…
I used to walk in weather like that but now, no. Treadmill here I come. And I miss walking along with my camera. All of Admiral's and my blogs were filled with pics taken on my walks. I miss the animals I saw and the frost pictures.
My Mind's Eye said…
Kim you have such an excellent eye for great photos to share with us. I've heard about ice fishing but dang I don't understand it but that is what makes the world go 'round...all our differences.
I took my first outside walk yesterday in two months. Last real walk I had was 11/25. First of December was wet, middle of
December we caught the CEC which hung on til early January then we had 2 icy events. Now we are in false spring.
Hugs to you and thanks for the photos
Cecilia
meowmeowmans said…
Amazing captures, as always, Kim! They really tell a story, and make me happy to be inside and cozy, too. :)

That sixth photo is especially amazing, by the way.
John Bellen said…
I'm like that, too: nature is wonderful, as long as we have a safe spot to retreat to if we need to. But what a frozen landscape your pictures show, and no birds to be seen.
Jackie said…
What lovely photos of your walk.

God bless.
The J-Cats said…
How brave of you to go for a walk despite the freezing weather! But the pictures are definitely worth it - beautiful!