Three more needles and it's a wrap
I had another dental appointment this morning. It took three needles to freeze me, but the permanent crown is on, and it had darn well better be permanent.
![]() |
| George after some treats last week. |
My bite feels a teensy bit off, but at this stage I really don't care. (He did fiddle/adjust the crown, but didn't want to shave too much off.) As long as the thing stays on and I can chew, I'm good.
I laughed, though, when he asked me (before he cemented it on) if I wanted to look at it first. What's to see? It's a gold crown on a far back molar, who cares what it looks like. LOL. Function over fashion! (Note: I would have cared if it had been a visible tooth, though! I'm not completely without vanity, not by a long shot. If the tooth were visible I would have had porcelain.)
Below, two cuties from last week (I think), when it was actually sunny and warm. We currently seem to be back to winter.
I dropped an obscene amount of money this weekend on two pairs of 7D-width sneakers that would accommodate orthotics. I've been wearing the standard "wide" width Merrells and Sketchers, but often those really are C-width, not Ds. Can't wear most of them anymore with the orthotics. I still need a pair of hikers and a pair of comfortable shoes I can wear with dressier slacks or even a skirt if need be, plus I'd love a pair of walking sandals (for orthotics too). I'm cringing at (a) the difficulty in finding my size/width (need the two higher end stores we have in the city) and (b) the sheer cost. Seems I have very expensive feet...and teeth! (At least I still have my feet and teeth, thank you very much. I'm grateful for them!)
Below: City Hall and the marina (with the ferry going by in the background). Snapped yesterday in the freezing cold while waiting for a shoe store to open.



Comments
If I had all the money spent on my mouth over the years I could buy a small island. My cousin's shoe size was a 9AAAA. It was hard to find too.
Love the snaps of the pups
Cecilia
they have a wide toe band, and I don’t wear anything but. check out their online website, sometime. ‼️😺🐟🦋 it details how the shoe fits, comfort, etc.
Wishing you success at finding some shoes that will work for you.
My feet have gotten wider as I've aged (all that extra weight flattening them out?) So far, no orthotics but I do need to find better fitting walking shoes. My favorite sandals are a pair of Keen's. They are incredibly comfortable. Interestingly enough, I found them in Lunenberg back in 2016. I'll be looking for another pair when the daughter, grandson and I are there in June.
I no longer wear pretty shoes or anything close to resembling high heels. Flats it is, or flip-flops. Good luck finding the shoes you need (and on sale!)