"Much ado about nothing"

I have nothing "exciting" to share, hence the blog title!
 
Below: Morning sky on August 18th. 
 
 
Well, I had a weird eye thing going on, had two optometrist appointments (paid out-of-pocket for those because I don't have any coverage through work until 2026) plus an ophthalmology appointment in between (covered by provincial health care, thank goodness). A round of antibiotics cleared up the eye thing (like a sty or three inside the lower eyelid; ewww). 
 
Below: Blurry bee. I was trying (with the phone) for a decent shot, but the focus ended up being on the cone flower..what was left of it. 
 
 
I've also been dealing with a weird skin issue (neck and under chin) since sometime in July. No idea what caused it. Something topical, even though I use unscented, sensitive products? An allergic reaction to an increase of one my regular supplements? (I'm hyper-sensitive to SO many over-the-counter, every day things). So I had a trip to the doctor last week (who also was stumped), a skin scraping (no news on that, so presumably nothing unusual), and a couple of prescriptions to try--which seem to be working. 🤷
 
I'm chalking it up to the weird and "wonderful" things that seem to happen as we get older.
 
I'll tell you, though, all that focus on that skin made me realize that I already have a turkey neck. I've seen 80-year olds with better skin. I  can hear Mom laughing and making some comment about it. 😆
 
Below: A recent "squatter in my garden. There's a second bloom now, this one has expired. 
 
 
Work is the same, budget talks and budget this, that and the next thing. Meanwhile, we all have our stuff to do, so we carry on and do it. I'm looking forward to the long weekend, as Monday is Labour Day in Canada. (I believe it's also Labor Day in the US, but I don't know if it's a holiday there too.) Most stores are open now, of course, especially with school starting on September 3rd for most elementary and secondary students. (Note to self: Stay out of the stores this weekend!)
 
BTW, I was in Costco on Sunday and they already had some Christmas stuff out. Cards, some lights, some decor items. You know I'm dating myself when I write that I recall when stores didn't get/put out holiday stock until after Halloween. (Which is still how it should be, IMO!) 
 
Below: New flowers (Sunday) for the front step, from Home Depot. I might get some potted mums in a couple of weeks, when I'm feeling more fall-ish.  
 
 
Our heat waves seem to have passed, at least for the time being. Fall definitely is in the air, so I'm making an effort to get out early in the mornings before work, in the blissfully cool (but not TOO cool!) temps. Soon it will be too dark for me to do that before my work hours, so I'm enjoying it while I can. Lots of little cottontails to see, including one little baby yesterday, so sweet. No pics, though, as I take only my phone and I was too far away to use it. Plus s/he ran away as soon as I approached. But I could have held her in my hands. 
 
Below: Yesterday I was also treated to a double rainbow. I couldn't get a decent snapshot, zooming in with the phone, and it didn't pick up the second one. But a couple of people on our city's reddit forum posted wonderful images they were able to capture. The best one is linked, above.
 
 
Another month and Dad will be here for a week. I'll be off from September 24 through October 14, back to work on the 15th. I know it will zoom by, so I intend to make the best of it.
 
Below: S/he was looking for a handout at the bus transfer point. I didn't have anything to share; nor, it seemed, did anyone else. Pretty feathers! (Sorry, not sorry, Mackerull!)
 
 
So that's that--for summer and for an update. Maybe I will have something more interesting/fun next time!
 
Take care, all. 
 

Comments

Dear Kea, I am so sorry to hear about your skin issue 😢 The cat 🐈 cartoon made me laugh 😂 Your photos are absolutely gorgeous.
Love the new pot of orangey petunias. What a color. And the freebie that self seeded is pretty. Like my snap dragons that I did now expect. As I type this Precious is at her bowl waiting for more only it has to wait a couple hours yet, she just doesn't know how to read time, lol. Yes Monday Sept 1 is our Labor Day legal holiday. Means banks and postal service are closed. Office workers may have the day off, but stores of course are open. It'll be a cold one so the last weekend for swimming is going to be a bust. Lynn and Precious XX
messymimi said…
I'm glad the skin seems to be clearing with the prescriptions, but Grandpa the doctor would tell you if you haven't gotten your lab results, never, ever believe no news is good news, it's just no news. He always says, call back and keep calling until you actually get the results. Bad results can get lost in the shuffle and never delivered, and that's scary.

Your photos are beautiful!
Those are pretty flowers and that rainbow is so beautiful!
meowmeowmans said…
Of all those lovely photos, I like the rainbow the best. I'm sorry to hear about that skin issue. I had something like that happen years ago (like you, out of nowhere) and they gave me some sort of hydrocortisone creme. It cleared up pretty quickly. Enjoy Labour Day on Monday! As you said, it will be Labor Day here in the U.S. (and a holiday). :)
Maebeme said…
Sorry to hear about your minor health issues - it sounds like the antibiotics are taking care of the skin problem.
Lovely flowers for the front step! I've been thinking about a pot of mums, and then realize that I took out the petunias that weren't doing well and replaced them with some straggly marigolds that were near death. They are doing well and will last into October so I'll leave them as is.
Enjoy your Labour Day weekend! Definitely do stay out of the stores... :)
I am sorry about your skin and eye problems, but glad both are clearing up. The flowers are lovely with autumn shades. The morning sky and the rainbow are lovely too.
Kea said…
Ruby, these ARE better days! 😊

Carol, I'm very lucky these were minor issues. I'm well aware that it's a roll of the dice...❤️
I hope the meds clear up your skin issues for good. Yes, isn't aging grand :) Always something new and mostly unwelcome is popping up! This cooler weather is amazing. I love it. The rainbow photo is lovely. Take care of you.
noe knead ta apologizez mizzuz kim, eye did knot see de gull any way 😸‼️🐟

K…..glad your eye was treated and is ok, that’s scary when something can affect your vision….and you might of maybe had a touch of poison…ivy…oak??
and when you scratched, it spread the oils…hope that test comes back aye oh kay…know your looking forward to the three day, yes, labor day holiday here as
well on monday, and you’ll be WAY happy to spend vacation time with dad.

the photos look great to me…ipone or regular camera they turned out great 😸‼️🦋🍀
Rian said…
Hi Kim! Sorry about the eye thing and the rash issue... always something or so it seems these days. But at least they're all treatable. But it would be nice to know what caused them, right?
And yes, this weekend is Labor Day here also... and yes, I believe it is still a holiday. Enjoy!
My Mind's Eye said…
Hi Kim OMCs do I hear you on the sensitivity and allergic reactions. I too use only dye and scent free soaps and detergents.
I had styes as a teenager I recall how very very painful and almost debilitating they can be. Very thankful the meds helped. Ironically my eye thing was quite a surprise. I was using eye RX eye drops (from optometrist) for what seemed to be an infection in my tear duct. Then low and behold eye got worse. Ophthalmologist determined I was allergic to the RX eye drops. Crazy as it seems RX drop are not Preservative Free. That actually blew my mind. My right eye was swollen as was below the outside of my eye and part of my check. Ophthalmologist
suggested a PF drop for dry eyes. He expected it to clear up in about 7 days and it did. Very thankful to read the allergic reaction on your skin is better.
Your photos are beautiful
Hugs Cecilia
John Bellen said…
Skin issues, back issues, muscles, nerves... We hit our peak physically in our twenties and spend the rest of our lives going downhill. Why are we at our best when we are at our stupidest? But there are always flowers and a beautiful sky to make things better. I too am looking forward to the long weekend - and you have a holiday coming; even better. I don't want the interval to speed by, but I hope it feels like it does for you.
The J-Cats said…
Sorry to hear about your skin problems. Glad that at least the eye problem is on the mend.
That skyscape is utterly glorious.
Ms. ~K said…
Skin issues are definitely annoying! Our Mom has turkey neck & she gobbles! 😹 We always appreciate your kind comments on Auntie Cecilia’s blog❣️
Kit, Kat, Rocky & Cali