I'm not sure why I waited so long

My new "smart" TV came the next day and set up was easy, though a bit tedious as I opted to do it manually. 
 
  


I don't know why I waited so long to get one! I love tuning in to quiet jazz during work days, and while the images are AI (which I am not keen on), I admit I look at those pics and think, I could live there. I wish I did live there! 
 
And I love streaming (that's you, BritBox*). At some point I'll probably end up cancelling cable altogether, though not in the foreseeable future.
 
(*If you're a fan of Jane Austen type productions, I recommend "The Other Bennett Sister," now finally streaming on BritBox. There's nothing like Regency-era yearning. Swoon. And no, I don't yet have Netflix, in part because I think "Bridgerton" would take over my mental and emotional life. I've seen enough of season 4's "Benophie" on social media to know I'd become obsessed. Iykyk!)
 
Anyway, we're still waiting for sustained warm weather (some mornings we have frost on the roofs!), but even so, all the hardy Spring flowers are coming into bloom. 
 






 
So things are chugging along. This coming Monday is a holiday in Canada, the Victoria Day long weekend, and I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off, as well as next Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll have a week away from spreadsheet-wrangling, which pleases me greatly.
 
Take care, everyone; be safe and be well. 💖 

 

Comments

Absolutely love the tulips! I never see enough of them anywhere I go. Out here the deer and rabbits would just make a quick meal of them. And we did have frost here Monday morning. But just cold wind today. Glad you got the TV figured out. So far we just are still watching the cable company channel line up. But we too got the 43 inch and it does make an impressive clear difference. Hope you enjoy a very long weekend off and dry and warmer.
Lynn and Precious XX
I could and wish I did also…live there. ‼️‼️ the photos are great, not many
flowers here, but green everywhere thanks to all the rain. I ended up putting
fake flowers in pots in the front for a bit of color…and yea….mister rabbit, see how THOSE taste ! Enjoy your holiday and hope you can do something for fun, even if only for an afternoon ‼️‼️😸💚🐾
I was just wondering if you got your new television, hooray for you!!! Those flowers sure are pretty!
meowmeowmans said…
Hooray for your new TV, and for those beautiful blooms. Enjoy your week away from work, Kim. :)
messymimi said…
Your flowers are a delight.

I can understand enjoying having good music through the day.
Dear friend, fantastic that you got your new TV.
The flowers are gorgeous.
What a great TV upgrade! Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures of the flowers that you took. So colorful.
My Mind's Eye said…
KIM what a lovely picture your smart TV has. I too love the YouTube channels with peaceful music and photos. I've been having to baby my left shoulder by cutting back on time on the desktop. I use the YouTube tv to relax and rest my shoulder.
Doc appt yesterday all well albiet some inflammation a bit a Uncle Arthur. Taking anti inflammatory and doing home PT.
Enjoy your long weekend
Hugs cecilia

John Bellen said…
I'm pleased you like your new tv so much. It's nice when a purchase pays off emotionally, as well as practically. I too could live in those images, especially the second and third. I suppose this is why on "Star Trek: the Next Generation", there is mention of being addicted to life on the holodeck; one's own world is much more enjoyable than the real one. I go through different phases of what I listen to while working - not writing, for which I need silence: sometimes its film noir type music, other times its classical, most of the time its solo piano. Right now, it's French-style songs from the 1960s and '70s... As I wrote above, one's own world is better than the real one. (By the way, your photos could be the basis of an imagined world, especially the one of the tree-blossoms against the blue sky.)
Maebeme said…
Oh, the tulips are lovely! I planted a few last year but none survived the winter.
Hooray for the new Smart tv and your ability to set it up on your own.
The J-Cats said…
The flowers are absolutely gorgeous!
Congratulations on the new TV. I need to replace mine, the LEDS are mostly caput, making the picture very blue. I would never be able to set one up on my own. Well done! What size TV did you get?
I utterly concur with your recommendation of "The Other Bennet Sister". As for Netflix - I don't have it and I certainly wouldn't get it to see "Bridgerton" about which (sorry to disagree with you here), the less said the better!
Your flower photos are beautiful. Yeah, for spring! It must be a relief to have your new tv set up. I love watching YouTube channels that have relaxing scenes. Question-does a "smart" tv come with streaming capabilities built directly in the unit? I had a Chromecast and it is so old that it stopped working. I saw ads for the "other Bennet sister" and thought it looked amazing. Take care and enjoy spring AND your new tv.
Kea said…
Maggie, yes, the TV is built to stream, no extra device needed. Just your streaming subscriptions! I pay for BritBox and CBC Gem right now, and while I also have Prime for shopping mostly, I haven't watched anything specific to it. BTW, Prime automatically comes with BritBox, but I'm not sure I'll keep Prime indefinitely, given the questionable issues around it. I prefer Canadian or UK services.
Marvelous Marv said…
Hi Guys! Wowzers! Your flowers are terrific! And we too love Britbox. Do you think it is a Canadian thing?
Katie Isabella said…
Love the TV. I THINK...not sure now, mine may be the same size. But while there is nothing wrong with it at a...I am itching for another. I have a smart TV but I don't enable (I hope) so called smart features as I don't like the idea of it sending info about me to whomever is it's powers far away from me....and the microphone that is always on is a bummer to me. Who knows...maybe it's not as intrusive these days. I have blogged now and again about how I have said something in a conversation to someone here or on the phone and I got a comment on that conversation from the phone. Scared the toenails offen me!
Katie Isabella said…
Same here, but they spared me with my too few tulips. (Lawn man mowed them down too soon after they finished blooming.) I really made sure he waited till the end of May this time.