How to Get a 3-Column Template with Minima

I stumbled across these easy instructions for a 3-column blogger template, using the Minima style as your base:

http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets/145-how-to-get-a-3-column-template.html

It means you need to adjust your header image as well, if you have one, to make things look okay.

I've looked at 3-column templates, where you just upload or replace the existing html with the xml template, copied from the source of your choosing, but you lose most of your widgets by doing that. There are supposedly simple ways around that, but so far, even after going through a couple of tutorials, I've been unable to get it right.

So these instructions were a real find for me!

Plus, there are sources for 3-column backgrounds, where you just copy their code and paste into an HTML gadget that you add via the layout view.

Two super sources for blogger backgrounds:

The Cutest Blog on the Block (where I found the easiest 3-column instructions, above), and Hot Bliggity Blog

Have fun!

Comments