Catching Up...And Concerns About Annie

First, Annie. I had tried to take her in on the 23rd for the urine analysis and blood work, but they had only one tech on, and she needs 2+ to hold her/manage her. So I'm taking her tomorrow.

Prior to Christmas I was told by one of their receptionists that the lab in the Toronto area that does the T4 testing was closed between Christmas and New Year's, but today I was told that's not the case. I'm kicking myself because if I had called earlier to double check, I could have had her in on Monday or Tuesday AM, or even today.

I'm very worried about her; she's nothing but skin and bone in spite of the fact that her appetite seems the same. Kidney disease? Or cancer? I would have thought her November blood work would show something amiss, other than BUN and Creatinine, if it was cancer. But maybe not. She wants to go out as usual, she still plays, but I can tell you that she's not the same cat that she was prior to her hyper-thyroid diagnosis last year. She's only 10, which is 60 in human years, but of course every cat is different in terms of genetics, health concerns, etc. I'm scared that the UA and repeat blood work will indicate she's worse off than I realize. I know she'll die, as all Beings do, but I hope it's not any time soon. *Sigh* I know I can only do my best, and act for her Highest Good no matter what that is. But what the heart feels is not so logical, and it's so hard to see her seemingly waste away before my eyes. And I don't cope well with these kinds of stresses. Some people seem to just suck it up and deal with crap--and of course I have to--but I'll be popping Valerian root to keep myself from being sick with worry.

Anyway.

On to more upbeat things...I got together yesterday with a long-time friend. I don't see him often, but we've known each other for about 20 years now. He's just bought a condo, closes on February 14th. His first place owned solely his own, so that's very exciting. I did offer to help him move--and the offer stands, in case he's reading. LOL.

And today I got together with a family friend from GaspĂ©, Quebec. She and her husband are closer to my parents' age and I hadn't seen her in decades until she contacted me months ago and we met up for coffee on campus. Her two sons live her right now, one doing his PhD and one taking a program at St. Lawrence College. I've never met her children...the elder is 30 now, the younger 27. Not "children." She emailed me earlier this week and suggested we go for a walk somewhere, so we went to Lemoine Point today. I admit it was nice not to spend so much time in transit just to get there. In fact, walking the outer loop of the Point was easy on the feet, since I didn't have to bus for an hour and then walk for 20 minutes to get to the trails. Amazing how convenient a car can be, sometimes.  :-P

So here are a few snapshots -- I didn't take many. It's nothing but grey on grey right now. I do have several more to post on another day, though.


Thanks for "listening" to my concerns about Annie. I didn't feel like posting this on the Fuzzy Tales blog, I have a  Happy New Year post scheduled, but won't get back into regular posting and visiting till next week. Besides, I don't have any diagnosis to work with right now, so am only wringing my hands, figuratively speaking.

BTW, this PMS week has been the week from hell, with my emotions so up and down that I'm almost dizzy with the ride. At my age, how many eggs can I have left???

Photobucket

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Oh I am so so so so sorry to hear about Annie!!! In my very biased head, she is just much too young to have any of these horrid diseases that I always associate with cats over 16! Oh Kim, I am so sorry!! I didn't realise she's lost so much weight cos she is just so floofy!! I have everything crossed for her. I am sending her lots and lots of positive vibes!!! Please hang on and keep strong!! Good luck at the vets!!! And do keep us updated!!!

Aww it's great that you got to meet friends over the holidays. Glad you got to the wonderful Lemony Point and took some fab pics!! I really like the fourth pic - the ice is alive and crawling!!! Lovely!!!

Take care Kim!! And please give extra scritches and hugs and kisses and cuddles to lovely Annie!!

PMS week should be banned. :-)

Take care
x
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Kim
I am truly sorry to hear the worry in you over Annie. I completely understand, it's just not easy. I found a tiny bump under Abby's chin day before yesterday and I already have her at the Rainbow Bridge door. I am trying NOT to over reach and am going to wait until the first of next week after all the holidays and if it's unchanged I will take her to the Vet.Bad thing is it's in a spot she will not let me examine, so truly know how you feel about Annie. I do hope that the reports come back positive for her. But it's good that she is acting normal and eating and drinking and all the other normal activities.
I will keep you in my prayers.
These furry ones are our babies, they know our secrets and ease our troubles, they own our hearts.

xoxoxo
Katnip Lounge said…
I'll keep your Annie in my thoughts. Miss KonaKitty was getting pretty thin and I started her back on carb-y kibble...I know, it's a crap diet, but she HAS gained back a pound since her vet visit 6 weeks ago. Perhaps it will be as simple as adjusting her meds. Fingers crossed!

LOL on the eggs! I'm (FINALLY) getting my parts out on Feb 22 and I can hardly wait.

Keep us posted on your lil' girl...and don't borrow trouble...she's too cranky to be sick.
I'm sorry to hear about Annie, no wonder you are worried. I'll keep her in my thoughts and think positive. (((((hugs)))))

Milo and Alfie are sending healing purrs.

Jan
Admiral Hestorb said…
Oh no. I am SO sorry I missed this because of the Admiral. I send all my love to cover Annie and hugs to you. We are mom's of sick babies.
Clooney said…
Hi Kim, it's Karyn (Clooney's Human). I'm also sorry to hear of your worries about Annie. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that everything will be good with her. I, being single in my 40's, with my cats as my furry kids, know what worry and anxiety is too. I like what Abby's Mom said about them owning our hearts, that's for sure. I'm one of those people too that can't just suck it up, I go insane with worry. So I hear you and appreciate where you are coming from. My Warmest Regards Kim.
Karyn
Pia K said…
oh the worries over the precious furries! i hope the tests shows something manageable, a new year shoudl start on the positive side, it reall, really, REALLY should...

i think your *new* neader is gorgeous. and the photos in this posts are melancholy and beautiful. and reflects your worries and state of mind right now i think...?