Some like it...cold?

I dunno, I think you have to be a kid and/or have to enjoy winter sports to appreciate the 30+ cms (a foot) we got yesterday. I, for one, do not like it cold.  :-)

On campus this AM. I popped in to the office to water my plants.
 The old courthouse...as I was walking downtown.
The sidewalks are hard going right now. 
No one with a cane or walker or wheelchair could get around.
 No one has shovelled out yet...away?
I have a few more to post from the waterfront, just the usual snapshots. I was down there around 10AM and it was pretty quiet, people are still digging out.

I hope everyone has been having a warmer day. LOL.

Comments

Katnip Lounge said…
GAH!!!! Pack up those boys and come see us! I went for a ride yesterday, in the 50's and no wind. I do not miss having to drive to/from work in the muck.

At least it's sunny there--I think the dismal days are worse than snow.
BRRRR! Great shots though. That's what Chicago should look like. This morning they said our official reading station at O'Hare airport says we've only had seven tenths of an inch so far. Very unusual!

Kim, you take the best pictures!
Riffa said…
What beautiful buildings you have there! And it seems to be sunny, too. So, you don't have any KAAMOS there anyway (Kaamos is Finnish, meaning: No sun is coming up from the horizon for weeks), as we have here.
Wishing you A Happy New Year 2013!

Riffa, Oliver and Kalle's Auntie
The Cat Guy said…
Goodness, you got a lot of snow!! Seeing it all makes me miss snow, although I know my outdoor cats would not like it one bit!
Anonymous said…
I like it cold ONLY if there is snow and I would like some snow like that, but when we go back to school so I can have a snow day lol.

we got the same snow here in Michigan and I much prefer this to the boiling hot summer! Your photos are so charming!
Old Kitty said…
Yikes!! Now that's snow!! Oh but snow makes everything look so pretty and clean! :-) But I do appreciate the reality is cold and soggy!

I hope you and your beautiful boys had a wonderful Christmas!! Here's to 2013!!! Take care
x
Saku said…
The pictures are beautiful but I'm sure you wish it was green out there instead.

All the best in 2013!