Three days is my limit
My stylist told me about a easy, natural hair "product" that works well for styling and to keep one's roots from becoming greasy between washings. She had gotten it from her mom, who got it some time ago from a Dr. Oz episode, apparently. I Googled when I got home and found this "recipe":
8 ounces of water
1 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp conditioner
Some recipes I found added a dollop of hair gel too, others didn't. I didn't bother.
Mix it all up in a small spray bottle and spritz into your hair, especially the roots, before styling.
So I thought I'd try it, and I have to say that while normally I wash my hair every other day, with this stuff I can extend it to every third day instead of every second. I don't think I want to stretch it to four, but that's because I have very oily skin. My stylist washes her hair once a week now, using this homemade recipe. I'm going to keep using it for at least another week or so and see how it goes...then maybe toss my other hair "sprays" away. The ones I never use anyway. :-)
That's my "exciting" tip of the day. LOL.
A couple of pics I snapped last week in the early AM, on the way to the office:
Someone's pretty window.
The back of one of our campus buildings.


Comments
Anyway! I hope this recipe works - I can't see why not - it can't do any worse than the chemicals we put on our hair with our shampoo!!
I'm a once a week hair washer - my hair's too thick and dry! Bleagh!
Take care
x
xo,
JC
Just an aside: When did hair stuff--gell, conditioners, shampoo, mousse etc. start being called collectively "product"? I've run into it several times lately and am assuming that it eliminates the need to really specify. Just part and parcel of the continuing multiplication and expansion of hair care products and the ensuing complication of society.
Don't mind me. I just had a birthday and increasingly rue the tendency these days to complicate transactions that used to be (in the good old days) relatively simple. And ironically all these "improvements" are touted as making life easier and better and more efficient than before.
BTW, don't use anti-aging eye creams! They actually all contain a mild irritant, which is how they work. The skin puffs up in reaction to the irritant, thus reducing the appearance of fine lines. Seriously. Saw it on a CBC documentary a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure I've posted about it before too.
As for hair...If you want nice shiny hair, just add a little bit of lemon juice to a few cups of water and rinse with that. Mom told me that when I was a child and I used to do it. Now we all pay $$ for products to do the same thing. Mind you, I wouldn't do it on colour-treated hair, which mine is now. :-p
I'll have to try this recipe - now if it only worked on night sweats too!
Pretty pics!!
Happy Wednesday!
xo Catherine