I've fallen into an alternate work reality
It's not what you think. Whatever you're thinking.
In my 12 years, 8 months at this institution, I've never once been in any washroom that had double-ply toilet paper. Always single ply, the cheapest stuff on the market I'm sure. Even our malls have double-ply toilet paper.
This afternoon I discovered double-ply toilet paper in our washroom. And in these times of fiscal restraint (for all but the upper administration). I had to pull it apart to verify it.
Obviously I've fallen into an alternate work reality.
Gosh, who knows what tomorrow will bring? Let's hope none of us loses our job to compensate for thicker bathroom tissue.
***
Anyway, here are some pics from the Poker Run on Saturday morning. I did take the camera with me for a little lunch time walk today, so at least I'm getting lots of snapshots!
Looking toward City Hall
City Hall tower
This turned out to be the best spot for viewing the start of the race. A few people had already claimed their spot, two hours in advance.
Nice yacht. I want the money, thanks. :-)
A family was feeding the geese and ducks.
S/he was on the other side of the marina, no free food.
I took so many shots of this bird, trying to get one that was passable. I had to zoom out all the way with the Fuji, which is why the clarity isn't great.
One of the racers heading out.
I just can't resist duck bottoms!
Another competitor.
That's enough for now. I have a zillion. I'll try not to post too many the next time, as they're pretty much all the same. Though I do have shots of the boats zooming by, as they start the race.
Purrs from the boys and peace from me.
Comments
Totally love the duck butt.. :)
When I used to work, we were each allocated a roll each per month. Because rolls in the toilet kept disappearing.
See how lucky you are? Even if it's just one ply. LOL.
In school, did you have those square sheets from G.H. Woods ('Sanitation for the Nation') that were as hard as tiles and folded to a razor's edge sharpness? I think those were meant to discourage bathroom use.
Love the duck bottom pic!
Have you ever seen Legally Blond? The toilet paper situation reminds me of the scene on her Harvard admission video where she is conducting a meeting and says "It has been brought my attention that the cleaning staff has been replacing our Charmin with generic. All opposed to chafing say I" LOL