Made it to Friday; fingers crossed for Derry's 3PM vet appt!

I'm patting myself on the back for making it to Friday this week.  :-)

And while it's not yet spring here, we've seen the snow start melting little by little. It was even +6 Celsius two or three days ago!

The boys after work yesterday. Bare ground where I had shovelled!
Anyway, we had our new person (on the budget side) start Monday. She's sitting in my old cubicle, adjacent to me, though I have a "wall" of overhead cabinets that blocks us from seeing each other and gives a measure of privacy.

I like her. I had wondered how she'd fit in, given that the budget folks take all this a bit more seriously than we do. They're all younger, climbing the ladder of career success and on our side of things, we're all older and wondering how many years we'll have to work before we can get the hell out of here. LOL. But she's older than she looks (looks about 35, but she told me she's 46), and she seems very down to earth--for which I'm deeply thankful.

I'm off at noon today, taking a half-day, as Derry has his appointment (for the lump) at 3PM. I'm a bit nervous, though I know that if it's something nasty my options to treat him will be limited. I really hope it's just a fatty cyst. He's just a cat to everyone else, but to me, he's my precious little baby bear and always will be.

Pics from yesterday afternoon.
 
So (continued) good thoughts would be much appreciated.

As for other things, I had ordered an inexpensive microfibre storage ottoman from Amazon.ca earlier this week, expected delivery the 17th. I love Amazon. It's actually out for delivery today, so given that I presumably will miss UPS (at home), I'll pick it up tomorrow. It either will be used as a new "coffee table" (with the old Ikea Lack table going for donation) or will be used for extra-storage (much-needed) in my bedroom, in which case something else will go for donation. I have to keep that flow of "in and out" in balance.  :-)

And finally, I had my weekly physio appointment this morning. She worked me over (gawd, it hurt!) and told me not to do any exercises that aren't on the list of the ones she has given me. I've been doing gentle yoga stretches that feel good, but that aren't what my hips need right now, apparently.  Rats. I like the stretches I do, but will listen to her and do only the physio exercises for this coming week, see how I am next Friday.

So that's that!

I'll close this post with a quote I saw hanging on a wall on a TV show this week (some design show).
I love it. I'm trying to keep it mind every day as I wriggle into my "fat" clothes and look at the white hair coming in around the bangs, see the crow's feet and dark circles. I'll be my own kind of beautiful, regardless of my age and weight!

Peace.

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Deep purrs for Derry. Glad that it's Friday for you and the boys. Derry reminds me so much of my own Mr Jinx. Your Derry is certainly a little teddy bear and so so cute.
Angel Simba said…
Purring flat out for Derry and his appointment.
That is a great quote!
Annie Bear said…
I hope Derry's appointment went well!! Be sure and do an update! Coincidentally, Annie went to the vet today too for various things and I think all is well. I'll know for absolutely sure after I receive a call from the vet hopefully tomorrow. Of course, Derry isn't "just a cat."

I think it's always great to have nice co-workers.

I hope you notice a positive difference after just doing your therapists stretches.

That is a really good quote!
meowmeowmans said…
I'm just reading this now ... sorry I'm late! We sure do hope all went well with Derry's appointment. We SO understand about Derry being your precious little baby bear. We truly do.