Haha, no hot water

Good thing I shower at night and that I do my hair only every other day! No hot water this AM, which I quickly discovered when I filled up the sink to do (cat) dishes early this morning. I knew right away that it was the hot water tank, this is the third or fourth problem I've had with it since its installation in March 2010. Today's issue is "error code 4." Something about the wiring or a disconnected tube. Never had any problem with the old one until it up and died. They don't make anything like they used to!

I called the utilities company, of course, at 5AM, but the answering service said a tech wouldn't be in until 7AM (office doesn't open till 8AM). So I hung around till 8AM and said I had to get to work -- we compromised on a service call anytime after 4PM. So I'll leave early today (yay!) and go home to twiddle my thumbs and wait some more. As long as someone shows up by this evening to fix it, I'll be a happy camper.

Meanwhile, it's our second and final day of gorgeous temps, no humidity. The boys certainly appreciate it!
Snapped last evening.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Nicki won that round, by the way.

And just a few pics that I meant to post earlier, from my wild and unkempt garden.
 
 
My Norfolk Pine is leaning...I've had to bungee cord it to the metal of the steps, to keep it from toppling over in high wind. If it survives outside this year it'll be a miracle, as I transplanted it back in May and then it just about drowned with all the rain in June. I've lost some of the lower branches, but otherwise it's still going, after so many years I can't remember. Probably 15 or almost 15.

Anyway, I'd best get some real work done, have a lovely day, whatever you're doing!

Peace.


Comments

John Bellen said…
No hot water is very inconvenient, though at least it occurred on a weekday; these things usually reserve themselves for the weekend.

Your little garden out back is flourishing; so fresh and green. I have always envied you that space. The boys love it, of course.
Kea said…
Not so sure you'd envy that little space's location, though -- or neighbours! :-)

Even so, it's the only thing I love about my little townhouse. And never mind the garden is all scraggly and full of weeds. LOL.
Cat Lover said…
No fun not having any hot water. It seems the more complicated mechanical things are the more frequently they break down. Hopefully the tech shows up.
The boys look great. I love the tussle!
Your gardens look beautiful.
Have a great evening.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Oh wow we hope your repairman showed up so you'll have hot water or else you'll be doing some heating of water on the stove to take a birdie bath!
Like John we admire your enclosed area for the boys. It looks so beautiful with your hostas and all your plants. I am still amazed at how beautiful that hosta is year after year. (you know I have hosta envy!)
meowmeowmans said…
Ugh. Sorry to hear about your hot water being out, especially on a "school day." Fingers crossed that the repair guy can get you up and running this afternoon. Your backyard looks awesome, and how nice that you have some nice weather (so do we) to enjoy it. Even if it was just for a couple of days.

Great tussling by Nicki and Derry! :)
BeadedTail said…
Thank Cod Nicki showed you what could happen if that tube came out of the hot water heater! :) That was quite a tussle! Your yard is so beautiful! I've been trying to grow hostas for about 4 years now and they refuse to get bigger than the itty bitty things they were when I brought them home. So frustrating. Glad you have hot water again!
Rian said…
Love the cat pics! The boys are so handsome... and your garden looks quite nice too!
Hope your water problem is fixed by the time you read this.
The Cat Guy said…
Your hot water speaks to you? Mine is dumb version, no error codes, it only works or it doesn't! Hope the fix is quick! (And cheap!)
noodlecat said…
We hope you get your hot water back soon!
It's no fun when things are broken...

Noodle and crew