Holiday "wrap up" or "There's no business like 'snow' business"
Happy Boxing Day!
We made it through the epic blizzard unscathed, except for a few power blips on the 24th and 25th, and a one-hour outage of our internet/cable/tv. We were extremely lucky, as power was off in numerous areas around us, even in our greater neighbourhood (i.e. not the complex itself). I hope anyone else reading this who went through the storm also remained unscathed and is okay!
Below, a couple of snaps from the front bedroom window on Christmas Eve.
We've had a lot of bad snowstorms in the 26.5 years I've been living here, but I think this was the worst in terms of duration and winds. Crazy. I know most of North America was impacted, and I truly hope this was, indeed, a "once in a generation" event.
Below, Derry on Christmas Day.
I had a lovely Christmas Day in spite of the weather. My aunt (Mom's younger sister, who lives with Mom in Halifax now) had suggested that we video chat while opening our presents, so we set up our phones and did just that, taking turns opening gifts. It was the closest I've actually come to sharing Christmas with Mom since I left Halifax in 1996.
Derry proved that even old kitties can have some fun with wrapping and tissue paper!
BTW, that sensor, which ended on the 21st, is not budging! I might actually have to take him back to the clinic to have it removed, as they have an anti-adhesive spray they use. I recall at the time that the vet tech told me she had a problem getting it on and that it might not stick. Not so at all, it's stuck on a bit too well now!
I hope everyone has had a good holiday, in spite of weather and any other circumstances.
I'll leave you with some pics of the back garden, which I've shovelled twice.




Comments
Glad you had power so you could have warmth. That wind never died down until today for us.
How great you are up on all things computer so you could have a Christmas visit with your family.
Not the same as in person by any means, but better than just a text or email thing in this modern age. I don't see boots on Derry, lol. I'm dressing like an Eskimo to just fill the bird feeders
a few times a day. We had this bizzare warm spell Nov. 24th, when I rode my bike. Someone local told me they wanted a white Christmas. I don't think they meant this kind! Have a safe week. Lynn and Precious
I ran into two people today who said they enjoyed the blizzard (at home, of course). Seriously? They must not have been worried about losing power/heat and must not have had to deal with any snow removal. :-P
Sharing gift opening via video sounds like a great idea. Saku got to keep one of the bags and it's tissue. He sat on it so often, I didn't have the heart to take it away from him.
Can you find the anti-adhesive spray at a drug store? Are you able to find out what sort the veterinary clinic uses? It may save Derry a stressful trip.
Looks like Derry enjoyed the paper ;) MOL!
We managed to avoid the snow and might have rain for New Years.
Let's concentrate on Spring ;)
Purrs, Julie
Well, I've already had enough of the white stuff and it's not even January!
WOW, you really lived through an enormous blizzard!
Glad you had no power outage.
Yes, us driving to our destination and being stuck for 2 hours in standing traffic is nothing compared to that. We saw cars with the Ontario license tag and so dirty from snow... escaping south.
Feeling a lot better this morning and first time in over a week had a good appetite.
We're ready to go biking and will enjoy that in 22°C sunshine! Yesterday we swam in the heated pool at 17°C here in Orlando. Tomorrow it will be 26°C so back to normal I guess! So deep south such an impact...
Derry no doubt enjoyed unwrapping and might have thought that you for once understood his wishes and desires! Isn't it funny how fluffy our kitties start looking in the cold?!
Sorry that his sensor won't budge...
Happy for you and your Mom for being able to video chat!!!
Hugs,
Mariette