The potential to be interesting
A couple of weeks ago the university posted info on voluntary early retirement for eligible faculty and librarians.
On Tuesday they posted an exit incentive for (only) Faculty of Arts and Science staff. (Four weeks pay for every year of service, up to a maximum of 52 weeks pay. Those who are eligible for retirement would be able to take it.)
A&S has the biggest deficit, so that's why this is limited to their staff right now. The article stated that if successful, and needed, the admin would consider rolling it out more broadly.
I'm not sure they would roll it out to us as well, even if they did extend it to other faculties (we're not an academic department), but let's just say that things are becoming a bit more interesting now!
A&S has the biggest deficit, so that's why this is limited to their staff right now. The article stated that if successful, and needed, the admin would consider rolling it out more broadly.
I'm not sure they would roll it out to us as well, even if they did extend it to other faculties (we're not an academic department), but let's just say that things are becoming a bit more interesting now!
Sunrise on Tuesday
As for other things, I'm getting ready to head west to visit Dad; the trip is coming up very quickly! My travel anxiety is ratcheting up, but on the flip side, I'm so over-tired that perhaps by the time I go, I'll be too exhausted to be stressed. (I'm quite afraid to fly, haven't managed a flight without bawling. Young kids are better than I am! Plus some of you might remember my food fiasco on both flights last year. Yeah...I'd like to travel without embarrassing myself and making a mess this time.)
Sunset last night
On the kitchen renovation front, I was out last Thursday to choose tile for the backsplash. I took an early lunch, thought it would be fairly straightforward. Ha! The planner suggested I take some samples home, but I emphatically refused, as I was mentally "done". Too much choice! I went with a nice tile that is called "white" but really is grey. Not what I would choose for my dream home, as I'm not a fan of cool greys, but it will go well with the countertop and the flooring, and it's a nice neutral. In the end, the kitchen will look a million times better than it does right now, and I'll have more functional cabinetry, and that's what counts.
Seriously, it can't look much worse than it does now. LOL.
Anyway, tomorrow is the Good Friday holiday, everything is closed (Monday is not a holiday for us, though). Hurrah for three days off! I'll take the opportunity now to wish everyone who celebrates Easter, either in a secular or religious sense, a very happy Easter! Enjoy the weekend and take care!


Comments
Your sky photos are lovely. And I hope your sky views from the plane will be just as peaceful.
I love your open concept of cabinets there, lol. So handy for getting things out and not having to remember which shelf of which cabinet.
Easter here will be our usual at home alone with Precious and just my usual Sunday dinner that I have been making for a decade. Also not Easter basket and not Easter bunny unless my outdoor rabbit hops by.
Have a calm and peaceful weekend. Lynn and Precious XX
Who knows in the near future they make it also available for A&S and you can work things out...
Stunning skies and it prepares you for hitting the sky soon.
It is just a mind–set and as millions of others before you, Kim will survive it too.
You will be closer to your Mom as well—ask her to help and calm you down.
Your kitchen will in the end work out and once done, you forget about the nasty and lengthy before.
Wishing you a meaningful remainder of Holy Week—I have to perform in the chancel choir tonight, tomorrow a part of the readings of Jesus' final words and then Sunday rehearsal and performance with orchestra.
Will be happy when all that is done.
Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Mariette
I hope you and Pieter have time for a lovely dinner, either at home or elsewhere.
Photos are spectacular.
Safe travels...and I sure will wrap you in protective virtual hugs that hopefully will comfort you. Regards to Dad. It is good to have a photo of before the kitchen project. It will help along the way to insure you how good it will look
Hugs Happy Easter
Cecilia
I'm so sorry that flying is so difficult for you. Sadly, air travel never seems to run smoothly these days - between delays and cancellations, it can be both frustrating and anxiety driven. I'm assuming you do take some anti-anxiety meds ahead of the flight. Fingers crossed this trip will be easier for you.
I think my job will be okay for the next year (🤞), but after that, who knows. No matter when I retire, there will not be enough pension to cover monthly expenses, even without frills.
So if we're offered this deal too, it'll be a roll of the dice. Stay and lose my job next year? Who knows! It's an adventure of sorts. Lol.
As for flying, being over-tired may be your answer. Try to get as little sleep as possible for the couple of days beforehand. You may sleep through the whole flight. Or you could try to embarrass yourself so completely that that takes your mind off the actual flying...
Hope you're having a super weekend. :)
I hope things turn out all right with your retirement plans.
Happy Easter.
Hoping everything works out the way you would like things to go.
I don't like flying either.
Happy Easter to you as well!